Protein Ideas?

rebster7
on 10/7/11 4:46 am
I'm two months out and allowed to have soft proteins including peanut butter, chicken, turkey, etc.

So far eggs, chicken and turkey (dark and white) will not stay down-it doesn't matter if it's one bite chewed down to a paste.  The NUT says this is normal.  I've made tuna fish but cannot get it down without making it into a sandwich. I'm drinking protein shakes but need some ideas on what else others ate when their stomachs weren't quite ready to digest. 

I have been able to put peanut butter on apple slices.  I would just like to sit down with my family and "eat" something that doesn't come in a glass at dinner.

Any ideas or sample food menus you use?
Mr-Smith
on 10/7/11 5:17 am, edited 10/7/11 5:19 am - Hillsdale, MI
Starkist tuna packets sandwitch ready.  3oz's very tasty right out of the package.

I re-read you post, I'm sorry your not tolerating much right now.  I did get some barrelli multigran pasta with some red sauce, that was about 13 grams but it was a lot of pasta at 2ozs. It shredded nicely in the bullet and over cooked was very smooth going down.  Don't know how the red sauce would hit you.

Elaine2
on 10/7/11 5:46 am - Atlanta, GA

I would go back to some pureed type recipes---not soup and such but things like the Ricotta Bake, crock pot stews, refried beans...etc. Here's some recipes--
http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/puree d-foods.html

Then I would start adding in some softer proteins, very slowly,  like tilapia, shrimp, crabmeat, etc.    Flavorful but fairly mild. Chicken and turkey take awhile, IMO. They still sit like a rock for me.

clthomp
on 10/7/11 12:08 pm - TN

I dont think that is normal .maybe you should ask your surgeon .  I ate alot of cotttage cheese and bean with bacon soup which I would blend with tofu which added extra protein but no added flavor. soft meatloaf and egg salad . best of luck
also try beefy mushroom blended with tofu really good and white chicken chili from ruby tues. they were very kind to blend it for me to make it easier to eat
cherrie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 261 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views