2-9-5

Jennifer S.
on 10/9/11 3:11 am
Today is my weekly Sunday weigh-in and I was completely suprised to see that I now weigh less than 300 pounds!  I really cannot tell you the last time I saw a number beginning with a 2 on the scale.  As I stood there looking at the reading of 295, my eyes welled up with tears and I felt... proud.  Proud of myself for making the decision to have surgery, proud because I have followed my plan, and proud that this is working.  It's not always easy, but is so very worth it!

If I could pass on one piece of advice it would be this.  PLEASE do not freak out if the scale doesn't move.  I had been at 302 for almost a week and then today... 295.  I didn't change my diet, my exercise, etc.  I just stuck to the plan and it works.  No need to stress yourself unneccessarily.  If you're doing what you're surgical team asks, you will lose. 

Hope everyone has a great day!

Jennifer

percheron
on 10/9/11 3:17 am
Congratulations, big big time!  I can not wait to have a 2 at the beginning of my numbers. 

A big Wahoo sent your way and a hug too.  That is beyond great and you should feel very proud of yourself!

Jennifer S.
on 10/9/11 3:26 am
Thank you so much!  This scale victory is definitely a big one for me.  It feels so good!

Jennifer

Maintaining Cindy
on 10/9/11 3:25 am
Your post made me tear up too!  I am so proud of you, and you have such a great attitude.  Excellent advise on the stalls, I lost in steps... weight, then inches, weight, then inches and so on down to goal.

Big proud hugs to you! 

Keep on a rockin' that Sleeve!

Cindy

Jennifer S.
on 10/9/11 3:31 am
Cindy -

Thank you, thank you!  I am definitely experiencing the stair-step effect as well. All the while I was sitting at 302 I noticed body changes.  For example, I cleaned out my closet and dresser and found a 32 gallon bag of clothes to donate that are too big and my wedding ring is almost falling off!

Jenn

Jennifer

abrown8434
on 10/9/11 3:43 am - VA
A big CONGRATULATIONS to you! I know you feel awesome! It is just going to get better!

Keep up the good work,

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Jennifer S.
on 10/9/11 4:09 am
It is an awesome feeling.  It looks like you are doing great as well!  Here's to our continued success! 

Jennifer

abrown8434
on 10/9/11 4:20 am - VA
Awww, thanks! Everytime I look at the scale I want to cry because I want to say "I haven't been this small since. . . " but I can't remember when! I love every minute of this and I am constantly looking for ways to come up with new high protein, low fat and low carb recipes as well as how to sneak in exercise now.

It feels great to be returning to normal health and feeling better than I ever remember! I had no idea that VSG could be this beneficial and now I don't know what I was afraid of!

Here's to optimal health,

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/11 5:59 am - Castle Rock, CO
WoW awesome accomplishment!! congrats & continued success to you!
mawmawpenny
on 10/9/11 8:09 am - LA
Congratulations, Seeing numbers move is so rewarding and when you move into new numbers like that it's just amazing. You should be proud of yourself as we are of you. Continued success to you.

Penny

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views