A Ruff past 2 weeks

darknlovelyII
on 10/11/11 8:51 am - FL
As some of you  may read I was due to have surgery on Oct 3rd, well one week prior to that date I lost my Father he passed on Tuesday Sept 27, that was the most devastating moment in my life. I postponed my surgery I almost canceled it all together but my family said that my daddy would want me to go ahead with it. Well I had it this past Thursday Oct 6, all was well until I was discharged Saturday night was the worst and all day Sunday. I was readmitted with spasming in my esophagus I cant drink anything cold or hot, I've lost 20 pds just in a few days yet all I want is to be able to enjoy my new found life
HogRider
on 10/11/11 9:20 am - Jacksonville, FL
 My condolences to you on the passing of your father.  I lost my father in 1991 when I was stationed overseas.  I can only offer my prayers and to let you know time will help in your grief.  Look to the positive influence your father had on you and channel it to over coming this adversity and I'm sure he is looking down upon you and guiding you in this journey.
USAF Retired                     CW: 257 SW: 341  GW :170
Happy966
on 10/11/11 9:32 am

I am so sorry to hear your father passed away.  I lost my mother quite suddenly when I was 36, and it was very difficult.  It got better with time, but I still miss her to this very day.

On the other hand, I'm glad you were able to go through with the surgery.  I have heard of several folks with esophageal spasms, and they all seemed to get better in a fairly short amount of time.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

watchmenow
on 10/11/11 9:35 am

Please accept my condolences as well!  I pray that they will get your spasms under control.  Did you get medicine for spasms?  How are you getting fluids if you can't drink? I pray you will get better immediately.  Be blessed.

I like calling North Carolina home!!!  Go Tarheels!  

JUSTTAMARA
on 10/11/11 9:57 am
I am so sorry to hear about your father.  Loosing a loved one is always difficult. 

As for the surgery it will get better you just have to take it day by day.  One step at a time.  I lost a large number in a couple of days and they tell me it was fluid.  they pump you full of IV fluids in the hospital so when they take the IV out you loose a lot of the water weight. 

I hope you feel better and if there is anything any of us can do let us know.  You are amongst friends!

On my way!!

Faye56
on 10/11/11 10:10 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
I am really sorry to hear of the loss of your father. My thoughts are with you.
I hope you are feeling better soon and that your recovery goes really great from here forward!
The 20 lb loss has to help your spirits just a little bit!
Big Hugs for you girlie! Hang in there and I am sending a prayer up for you now! 

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

waitingtoexhale2
on 10/11/11 10:23 am
I wish to express my condolence and pray for your speedy recovery.

Waitingtoexhale2

The race is not given to the swift or the strong, but to the one that endures to the end.

HW 357
Pre-Op Weight 343
Weight several hours after surgery 339

VegasLAbound
on 10/11/11 10:50 am - Cleveland, OH
I send my sincere condolences for your loss and hope that each day that passes heals your heart a little more. Please continue a positive outlook and things will get better each day. I will pray for your speedy recovery.
Carlen T.
on 10/11/11 12:25 pm - Fort Wayne, IN
I'm so sorry for your loss. Father's and daughters have a special bond.... Now he is watching over you in heaven.

We had surgery on the same day. It's funny, Saturday was my "bad" day too. I was thinking, I don't want to do this anymore, I want out of here (they kept me until Monday), I just want it to be over. Then I realized it was a small bought of post-surgical - post-anesthesia depression. Once I realized what was happening, the next day was good and I moved on.

I'm sorry to hear about your spasming, that can happen after any surgery. What I found is I tolerate room temperature water the best. Cold water just didn't do it for me. OR, warm, not ho****er (broth) seems to be ok.

I hope you do better soon. I will keep you in my prayers!

Carlen T        

chinasl45
on 10/11/11 10:09 pm - Harrisburg, PA
I am sorry about the loss of your father. Remember all the good times that you two shared and treasure the memories. Also, I hope that you feel better soon.
PSW 268 and Height is 5'10, SW was 241.6, GW is 170, CW is 160   

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views