Another week of liquids?? Really??

babyblues84
on 10/11/11 6:57 am - TX
Hey all,

I went back for my 1 week post op doctors appointment today and got my staples removed (yay) but I found out with the sleeve I have to do 2 weeks of full liquids and not just 1.  I'm kind of bummed cause I was reallllyy looking forward to "soft foods".  I'm not starving with the liquids thanks to my sleeve but I just am craving to have normal foods.  Sorry this post was just to vent a little.  Words of encouragement are definitely welcome.  I need all the positive vibes I can get to get out of my Debbie Downer mood lol 

Thanks again 

Amanda 
Mrsk2011
on 10/11/11 7:04 am
It will be over before know it i was sleeved on aug 29th and the scale kept me motivated to stick to plan i slip up every now n then and have something not so healthy but i get right back on track and so far i have lost 30lbs since surgery hopefully that helps...just count down the days 7-6-5-4-3-2-1 and u will be there..the sad part is now that im there i dnt even like everything i ate before ;( i wish u the best of luck in ur sleeve journey...
Rekeca
on 10/11/11 7:17 am - NC
I feel you. I just came off of liquids a week ago so I definitely understand. The only thing I can tell you is to be patient you will eventually get their.  Its hard I know.  But let your stomach heal.

Happy966
on 10/11/11 7:20 am

I kept telling myself I had the rest of my life to eat solid foods, but I only had one chance to heal my sleeve.  You can do it!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

gracee44
on 10/11/11 7:22 am
I feel your pain... I was sleeved Sept 19 and im on a 4 week full liquid diet... So ready to have something to chew, lol... I have done well though... and I havnt been hungry..You are doing great just keep going one day at a time )

babyblues84
on 10/11/11 7:28 am - TX
 Thanks everyone! I appreciate the encouragment.  I know I'm being a baby and I need to step back and look at the bigger picture and realize I have my whole life to eat and its only like 12 more days! I can do this!! 

Thanks everyone again :) 

dittodotv
on 10/11/11 8:09 am

Amanda,

Congratulations on HAVING your surgery!! Take it from someone who is still doing pre-approval junk, I'm jealous!!  I understand your disappointment, especially when you were thinking you could start something different. I am told that my surgeon's office requires a 2-week full-liquid diet after surgery so this would be no different... Remember, your motto now is "HEAL THE SLEEVE" - just keep telling yourself that~the easier you make it on the sleeve healing the better you will be long-term.

(And you have permission to remind me of this when I feel like complaining after my surgery!! LOL)

Best wishes to you for a safe recovery, and lots of success in weight loss.

50yr. old female 5'8" / HW 363 / ConsW 346 / SW 333 / CW 184.4

jessicae
on 10/11/11 8:14 am
 my dr. "surprised" me with that news also. lol.  i'm glad he's cautious but i really want to taste pureed chicken and applesauce and cottage cheese! 

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

joeswife
on 10/11/11 8:59 am - CA
I ditto Happy966, I have only one chance to heal my sleeve and I am going to make sure I do it right, food will be there for me when it's the right time. I am doing 2 weeks clear liquids and then 2 weeks full liquids. 1 down 3 to go! I know it can get difficult but hang in there it's worth it!

sunnymicki
on 10/11/11 9:03 am
Hey there,  I have two weeks of full liquids, more like two and a half actually.  The first week was definitely harder than the second, if its any consolation.   And it will be over before you know it :)

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 66 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 252 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 319 views