Today (Oct 16) is the first day of Fat Talk Free Week -xpost

MacMadame
on 10/16/11 7:55 am - Northern, CA
This week was set up by the sorority Delta Delta Delta (the Tri-Delts) and is a way to get women (and men too) to stop ragging on ourselves about our bodies and our perceived imperfections and stop focusing so much on weight.   
From their website:   

Fat Talk describes all of the statements made in everyday conversation that reinforce the thin-ideal standard of female beauty and contribute to women's dissatisfaction with their bodies. Examples of fat talk may include: "I'm so fat," "Do I look fat in this?" "I need to lose 10 pounds" and "She's too fat to be wearing that swimsuit." Statements that are considered fat talk don't necessarily have to be negative; they can seem positive yet also reinforce the need to be thin - "You look great! Have you lost weight?"   

The motto of "Fat Talk Free" Week is "friends don't let friends fat talk".   

To read my blog post about it, click here   
To find out more about the week, click here

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Crunchy As Can Be
on 10/17/11 3:15 am - NY
What a great idea. Does that include what others may say about us?? Even if I don't bring up any "fat talk" comments the people around me undoubtedly will if they haven't seen me in awhile!
 ~~Emily~~

MacMadame
on 10/17/11 4:48 am - Northern, CA
You can tell them it's International Fat Talk Free Week but you can't control other people... 

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views