Got sleeved October 14th

AtlantaGirlel
on 10/17/11 9:47 am - GA

Up and down.  Sore throat was bad the first few days, reflux was bad but better today.  Have had a low grade fever 99-100.  Feel a little weak.  Slept better last night than nights previous.  Have absolutely no desire for food.  I'm trying to get a protein shake down right now.  One of my incisions is bothering me more than the others but I just put an ice pack on it.  I am starting to have some blow out gas but I guess that is good, right?  All this is a pain but I am looking forward to being thin!

TheBiscuit
on 10/17/11 9:51 am - TX
 I was sleeved the day before you! It absolutely does get better every single day-- that's not just us blowing smoke up your rear! I've been taking Gas-X strips religiously and they help a bunch with the gas. Don't forget that SF popsicles count toward your fluid intake (3 ounces in fact). I graduated to the thicker, chocolate protein shakes today with a great deal of success. Just takes a little experimenting. For me, I like to break up the thickness with a sip or two of powerade zero or a lick of a popsicle! 
AtlantaGirlel
on 10/17/11 9:58 am - GA
I ate an entire popsicle today and was so proud of myself.  I could only get 1/4 of one down yesterday.  I tried the gas strips but they didn't help much.  I read where taking a Pepcid everyday helps so I did that.  My tummy is making all kind of noises today and the gas seems to want out so that is good.  I felt great this morning but as the day has worn on I feel more tired.  I'm sure that will get better too.  One day at a time.......I did weigh this morning because I couldn't stand it and I am down 8 lbs. That was encouraging.
TheBiscuit
on 10/17/11 10:03 am - TX
 Positive scale readings are definitely a pick me up! If you can feel the gas rumbling around in there, you are on the right track. Walking as much as you can physically stand will push that out before you know it. Don't be afraid to nap for an hour or two if you're sore and exhausted. You can't forget that above all this was a MAJOR surgery. As with all surgeries, your body is in shock and needs plenty of rest to recover. It's just as important as getting in your liquid and protein. 
abrown8434
on 10/17/11 9:52 am - VA
I don't know if it comforts you any but everything you said is perfectly normal. Congratulations on making it to the other side and take care of yourself. Take it slow and remember that you main thing is staying hydrated. You can do that through broths, sugar free popsicles, sugar free jello and whatever else your doctor allows.

Hydration first and you can worry about the protein second. Best of luck to you,

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

lmreadynow
on 10/17/11 10:23 am
 Hi!

Congrats!  lt gets soooo much better!  Wed will be two weeks for me - l'm down 18 freaking pounds already and the only thing that bothers me are my staples - they're scabby and ready to come out!  
Make sure to take a suppository if you're constipated - you will feel sooo much better once things are running smoothly again.    Don't worry about your food - just make sure you're getting enough fluids in.  Feel better!!! 

HW291  SW279  l'm 5'7"        
Sassy B
on 10/19/11 2:34 pm
Hey there all!

I also got sleeved on Oct 14. So far my recovery has been OK. The first 2 days were rough, but I'm now able to get my water down, and am able to eat maybe 4oz of food a day (mostly greek yogurt, SF pudding, and tomato soup). I am struggling a little bit getting all of the protein in, but I figure that I just need to experiment more with shake recipes.

I'm now doing some walking, and started today with light weight excercises at home with light pilates resistance bands. I'm looking forward to being able to go to the gym in a few weeks, as I'm getting pretty restless here on the couch ;)

I am struggling with two things: first, I'm a stomach sleeper, and am currently sleeping on my back and HATING it. Any vets have advice on when I can resume stomach sleeping? Second, I have an overwhelming craving for anything crunchy (crackers, raw veggies, etc). I guess there's really nothing that can be done about that; I try to beat the cravings with a little Crystal Light to satisfy the sweet tooth.

Oh, and as a total vent... i had one true WTF moment when the doc told me I had to remove my own pain pump at home; it wasnt painful, that that was the creepiest freaking thing I've ever done. It was never mentioned to me pre-op.... how was this not explained beforehand, yikes!

Anyhow, I'd love to keep in touch with other Oct 14 sleevers.

Cheers!
B

5'9", 31 year-old female pescetarian VSGer!   ///   Surgery by Dr. Steven Clark on 14-Oct-2012.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views