High White blood count???

Dolphinsrayne
on 10/18/11 10:29 am - MI
I went in and had my labs done and the doctor said that my white blood count was elevated which generally indicates there is an infection somewhere.  I went back a week later to have my labs done again and white blood count is still high.  My surgeons office told me to follow up with my family doctor about the results.  Is this something I need to be concerned with really?  I am 4 months post op from my vsg and I am down 70 pounds and I have stopped alot of my medication.  I just dont want to go to the doctor if its really not something to be concerned with...

HW:359  June 1st: 299.5 SW: 276.5     
litebrite1977
on 10/18/11 10:41 am - AZ
I would definately follow up with your primary care doctor.  It may not be anything but you should get it checked just in case.  If they continue to be high and you do not have an infection your doctor will probably refer you to a hematologist. 

janielynne
on 10/18/11 11:17 am
agree with prev post....you had this surgery to be healthy...so make sure you are and then celebrate !!!

edelu
on 10/18/11 11:21 am - los angeles, CA
High white blood count i nothing to play around with and it doesn't look like it's going away by itself, so yes, sorry to say you have to follow up with your pcp.
Most Active