Slow loser finally picking up some speed

fypcdqt
on 10/20/11 10:57 pm - Cumming, GA
I saw my dr last Thursday, and he was not thrilled with my lack of weight loss since surgery 7 weeks ago.  Since my last pre-op visit, I was down 22 lbs in 6 weeks.  He told me I needed to lose another 40 lbs by Thanksgiving to get back on track with where I needed to be.  I was so frustrated because I have been following the plan faithfully and working hard at getting more exercise in.

I decided that instead of weighing in every 2 weeks I'd weigh in every Friday to get a better view of what was going on.  I weighed in this morning and was THRILLED that I lost 10 lbs this week.  TEN pounds....I couldn't believe it.  I had the lady getting ready in the locker room read the weight to me to make sure I wasn't deceiving myself.  Nope, I was right!  278 lbs.  Good bye 280's!!!!  I was just hoping for a loss, but 10 pounds?  Hallelujah!

What a great way to start the day, and to remind myself that this plan works.  On my timeline or not, it will still work!  30 lbs more to go in 5 weeks - I know I can do this!

Amy

momsy55
on 10/20/11 11:04 pm - ME
At my 6 week appts., I'd only lost 21 lbs. since surgery.  I had lost 35 lbs pre-op, and folks here said typically, if you lose alot of weight pre-op, the initial weight loss after surgery is lower - the nutritionist said the same thing.  I was down only another 5 lbs at 2 weeks, so the NUT said I was catching up at 6.  I have now, 8+ weeks out, lost 31 lbs post-op.  Your ticker says 55 lbs lost, so my guess is that you had a similar experience of losing quite a bit pre-op and are now catching up.  Ten lbs this week is fabulous!!  I wouldn't sweat it.  32 lbs after 7-8 weeks is great.  Keep up the good work!!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

percheron
on 10/20/11 11:07 pm
You have done great. 

One thing I have noticed reading the different post, is that each doctor seems to be very different on expectations of loss.

My Dr. has told me they like to see 2-3 pounds loss a week, I have been averaging higher than that, and he is very happy with my progress.

I look at what you have lost and it is GREAT.  It took me a year to lose 10 pounds prior to the sleeve.

Congratulations!!

watchmenow
on 10/21/11 6:49 am
My doctor told me that 20lbs lost the first month would be good because I had lost so much during 6 mos supervised and pre op diet.  I am older.......44 yrs old.   I mean I am grown up!!  I had to realize that younger people would lose faster anyway.
  I like calling North Carolina home!!!  Go Tarheels!  

abrown8434
on 10/23/11 5:02 am - VA
Alright; way to go!!!!! I had a stall on week 3 and was bummed w/my 30 day weight loss, but then in the past 3 days I lost 5 lbs!!!

It is so hard to believe that we eat so little and become more active and have stalls?!! But boy doesn't it feel great when you break through and the pounds start to melt off?

Keep up the good work,

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views