17 months out

Donna H.
on 10/28/11 3:23 am - Douglasville, GA
Hi everyone....just wanted to give a quick update....can eat anything I want to at this point...not good.  I have only lost 2lbs in the last couple months.  I could offer 1000 excuses (including 2 kids in the hospital for over a month) but the bottom line is that I stopped making what I eat everyday a priority.  I started eating mac and cheese and other bad carbs.  I am recommitting today.  I went into the daily plate and put my food for the day.  That way I know ahead of time what I can eat. I am thrilled that I have lost 135lbs (never thought that would be possible) and now I am confident that I can loose another 40.  Just have to stay focused. So for the new people out there....let me say....you must stay focused everyday.  I could be 10-15lbs less by now if I would have focused the last couple months. I am so thankful for the surgery and would do it again in 1 second. I wish you all the best.
I do have "saggy" skin but honestly it looks better than the 135 additional pounds.   I am 5'3 and 44 yrs old for anyone comparing.  I used to get on here everyday and I haven't been on here in months.  Stay focused.....do whatever you have to in order to make your weight loss the prioirty...actually your health the priority.
Best WIshes and GOD bless to you all!

breekahouse
on 10/28/11 3:41 am
Hi there.  I am in the same boat with you.  Havent had a loss in a couple months because I havent been focusing on protein first and I have been eating more carbs than usual.  i havent gained but I havent lost either About three weeks ago, I decided to get back on program and now the weight is dropping off!  I primarily had to get the carb monkey off my back.  they key (for me) is tracking.

Hope it getseasier for you and hope the kiddies get better soon!
SW: 342 lbs / CW: 175lbs / GW: 150lbs
abrown8434
on 10/29/11 12:03 am - VA
Let me just say Donna that you are doing an AWESOME job! 135 lbs is a big accomplishment but 2 lbs in the last couple of months w/having two kids in the hospital is even more IMPRESSIVE! A lot of people might have put on an extra 40 instead of having 40 left to lose.

You'll get there because you know what you need to do and have recommited to doing  it and you have a tool to help you. Keep up the faith, stay encouraged ank take care of your family. You're doing great and thank you for posting this information to encourage the newbies like me!

God bless,

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views