pictures of tuck some are very ugly caution for weak stomach like mine lol

Valerie K.
on 10/28/11 9:34 am - Dearborn, MI

There is more on my page. I do have before tummy tuck but need to lay down this took me all day to do. Sorry all I did not put the before ones up yet 
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

sunnymicki
on 10/28/11 9:49 am
Thanks for posting these!  I like to see them, and I think it helps create realistic expectations for right after surgery.

Incisions always look so much worse at the beginning and then by the time the scabs fall off and swelling goes down, you'd never think they looked they way they first did.

Best wishes for quick healing!

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

svelteNgorgeous
on 10/28/11 9:52 am
Bless your heart girl for your transparency.

Wishing you speedy and compete recovery from your latest procedure.

Congralations on all you've accomplished.

You are a very special person.

Thank you for sharing.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

slimpickins5280
on 10/28/11 10:13 am - CO
Geez. That looks more like open heart surgery.

I'll keep positive thoughts for you on a speedy recovery.

BTW - You're my new hero.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/11 10:15 am
If I ever do get a tt, this is the one I will likely need to address the upper ab area. Speedy healing to you, I know it's super painful, but soon it won't be. ((hugs))
MenagerieNik
on 10/28/11 10:44 am
 Why the big vertical incision? I've not seen that before...

Hope you heal quickly!

HW: 285 SW: 267 GW: 130
Valerie K.
on 10/28/11 11:08 am - Dearborn, MI
 I was shocked when my surgeon told me he wanted to do this kind of incision. He said because I had so much loose skin that the one on the bottom only would not get rid of all my skin. He said this incision is good for people with back fat loose skin it helps to pull the skin off my back to which I did have loose skin on my back. 

In searching on the net alot of weight loss people get this kind of tuck. I also was reading on line about 10 articles from different surgeons about how some surgeons close the scar. Some staple it closed and 9 out of 10 surgeons said that way of closing is the lazy mans way. they said it leaves you with the staple marks. that sewing the incision closed is the best way for a nice small scar after it heals and the mark of a good surgeon to them is one that will take the extra time to sew you closed not staple. They say it looks like Frankenstein after they remove the staples.

Thank god my surgeon sewed me closed. I have seen his work before and the scar after it heals is beautiful. I am so blessed my weight loss surgeon did my tummy tuck.

to answer your question it is the best way to remove alot more loose skin from front to back and he also removed alot of fat under the skin and tightened my muscles. I am in pain but so blessed my doctor did this for me and that my insurance company payed for the whole thing.

frostylost
on 10/28/11 12:05 pm
Thanks for sharing and may you be blessed with a speedy recovery. Just have a question out of curiosity if you don't mind...what kind of insurance do you have and under what circustances were they willing to pay for it? I think thats awesome but I figured most insurance companies would consider it cosmetic and would'nt pay.
 ~I live each day in victory...because of the one who died for me~

HW: 289    SW:276    CW: 222  GW: 135~~~~~Monthly lbs lost> M1=15 M2=15 M3=14
Valerie K.
on 10/28/11 12:31 pm - Dearborn, MI
 I have blue care network. For 6 months straight I went to my PCP and told my surgeon about my problem. I was getting rashes under my folds and needed to get cream than the rashes would turn in to yeast infections.

I did this for 6 months had documented and took pictures of this problem got medication ever month and my lower back hurt because of the skin in the front of me.

Susan M.
on 10/28/11 10:12 pm
We have twin scars ;)  I had the same procedure, same cut, same scar. Still healing and waiting for swelling to go down.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views