Test of my strength and faith.....

amanda D.
on 11/2/11 9:01 am - Stayton, OR
I should have known that things were fixin' to blow up in my face.  Things were going so great...too good.  Today my husband re-applied for Unemployment, in the past 2 years he's only worked 5 months (work is VERY slow in New Mexico).  They were more than happy to re-certify him at the tune of us losing over $600 a month.  I'm trying to find the silver lining to this dark cloud, but it doesn't help when my husband is talking of selling his car, selling off practically every thing we own just so we don't lose our house.

Our daughter got a case of the ass with me this afternoon when I told her that she could no longer participate in Basketball, because we couldn't afford the $35 to pay for it.  Do you honestly know how humiliating it is to say to your child you can't afford something as simple as 35 bucks?!?  I have had the worlds worst day, and just need to vent   days like this really make me wish I never quit smoking.  On the way home I seriously thought about buying a pack of smokes, but then realized, it would accomplish nothing, and then i'd really be screwed for gas for the car lol....**sigh**

Jasonm11
on 11/2/11 10:19 am
On a positive note, if there is one, eating for my wife and I is much cheaper post op...we've actually been doing a budget and the two of us have eaten for less than 20 a week for the past month and a half(lots of beans and cheap lean meats)....in our case it is to pay off all our debt, which we finally accomplished....I know these are difficult times for everyone...my dad just lost his job last week...but we wanted to prepare just in case that ever happened...I'll keep ya'll in my prayers that things turn up for ya'll....

This may not be able to work in ya'lls case but when I was in little dribblers basketball, my parents were in a similiar situation and they convinced me to earn the money myself...I mowed lawns at 10 bucks a piece to make money to play littl league....taught me a great lesson and got me on my way to realizing the value of my money....maybe you can find something that is age appropriate for her to make a few dollars on the side....if she's too young doubtful that there is much but just a thought....

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
BriarRose
on 11/2/11 11:24 am
Ask who ever sponsors the team for a scholarship for her. Call your church pastor, ask about donations of things you need, call and ask about the food stamp kprogram (I don't know what it is called in NM -- in California it is Cal Fresh) Call and find out about lowering your utility bills by appealing to the utility companys, cancel all unnecessary stuff === cable, computer internet, gardener, and then call and find out where they are doing food give aways. Get on lists for Christmas toys for your child, and on lists for Thanksgiving baskets.

It's not easy, but it can be done. And then; get out there, go to the public library and start a new resume, and start pounding the streets. Networking - meeting people who know other people who know people is the way to find a job these days.

Good luck !
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
slimpickins5280
on 11/2/11 11:40 am - CO

Have you found FlexJobs.com?

Lots of telecommuting jobs that might get you through this tough time.

I'll keep positive thoughts for you.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views