pre op liquid diet dat 1

amberk82
on 11/7/11 7:14 am
I am having a really hard time!! I feel so blah...not sure if I am broken? I feel empty...I am trying to make sure I get plenty of fluids and I know this is not supposed to be easy. I feel like I have already drank the options I have and am already tired of them :( 
newme2011-2012
on 11/7/11 7:23 am
I am on day one of clear liquid only. I am doing good. Lots of water, tea and chicken broth that I made yesterday. I am staying pretty satisfied. What have you been drinking?
I have heard chewing gum helps too.
Julie
amberk82
on 11/7/11 7:35 am
I had part of a protein shake, a soup at hand tomato soup, and some chicken broth today....gonna have another tomato soup for dinner...i usually snack alot so i think its habit...i am really trying to stay busy so i dont think about eating!!
ChristineTX1970
on 11/7/11 8:40 am - TX
Hang in there - the pre-op liquid diet stinks. Make sure you are getting enough protein and drink plenty of water. I had issues with low energy, dizziness, and just a general feeling of blah. Plus - I started to hate all the protein drinks. But you will get through this. Just gotta tough it out.

DANIELLE H.
on 11/7/11 9:05 am - ADAMSTOWN, MD
I am starting my second week of all liquids and am getting blah with the protein shakes.  So I am trying a little bit of each kind to find something that works.  I also got some sugar free flavors to add to them and that puts a little twist on them.  You can do this, stay strong.
   HW 296 SW 247.5 (11-14-11)

sweetummies
on 11/7/11 9:22 am
I'm on day 4 and am actually doing ok - wish I could help, but I have no idea how or why.  I have found that I simply cannot go to the grocery store anymore, though - too much in your face and makes me realize what I am missing. 

Is chewing gum ok?  I have had a couple pieces of cinammon sugar-free to help me with "chewing" and I found it really helps, but I thought I was cheating.
newme2011-2012
on 11/7/11 10:02 am
You can chew gum now , but I have heard not after the sleeve.. At least early out if it gets swallowed and stuck they have to go in and get it out.
Chew away :)
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Tracasa
on 11/7/11 10:02 am
Ask your doctor or his staff if you can add fresh or frozen fruit, mine allowed this so its much easier to drink hint fresh tastes like a shake frozen tastes like a smoothie don`t give up :)
amberk82
on 11/7/11 10:46 am
This is def a challenge, but not worth it to give up lol!! Like I said it is not supposed to be easy but we have good results to look forward to! I would appreciate any ideas anyone has for the liquid phase...I am on full liquids and am already tired of what I have eaten today. I have been able to suck down almost 2 protein shakes today...I add a scoop of sugar free instant pudding mix that seems to help some! Thanks soooo much for all your support :) anyone that has anymore ideas please share!!
Sadiqah
on 11/7/11 11:56 am - Portland, TX

You Got This!!! I am on day 7 of my 14 liquid pre-op and days 1-6 were hard for me and then yesterday i had a emotional break down... what i try to do when i start feeling down about not eating or like I just cant take it I go online and look at clothes that i will want to buy and that has really encouraged me a lot  i love the idea of being able to buy clothes that I want!! and another thing that lifts me up when I am down is this right here... talking with people who have been where im at now, this blog really helps me!! Pray it all gets better for you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views