Post Op 11 days - Frustrated

MsMerry
on 11/8/11 2:55 am - Eagle Rock, CA
I know everyone is different, but .. I not loosing. I did loose a total of 39 lbs. before surgery – VSG (from 357 to 318). On Oct. 24 (pre op appt.) I weighted 325, then on Oct. 28, morning of surgery, I was 318. This was at the hosp. I really don’t think this was right, I mean I didn’t do anything for those 4 days to loose 7 lbs. I was not given a pre op diet to follow. In fact the day before surgery, I had a Subway sandwich, half of the 6 inch at lunch, then the other half for dinner.

Anyway, when I got home from the hosp. I weighted myself, it was 329, I could of cried. But I know it’s from all the IV fluids. Well today, 11 days post op, I weight 321. I would think the 11 lbs. would be gone and I would be seeing more weight gone Sad smile .

Yes, I have been following the post op instructions to a “T". 1st 4 days I was drinking 2 Isopure (in clear glass bottles). Then switch to protein shakes, cream soups, cream of wheat & Jell-O, along with water. I drink 3 protein drinks a day, sometimes only able to get two in. I drink 60 oz. of water a day, feels like all I am doing is slip slip & slipping LOL .

I feel good, sure tummy is still a little sore, but not near what it use to be. In fact, I was just thinking that I have a total of 4 weeks off of work. Have three more to go and I really feel good after the 1st week. No, I don’t plan on going back before the 4 weeks LOL ....

I go see my surgeon for my 1st follow up tomorrow.

So, not sure why I am not loosing. Any advice would be welcome ....   ~Merry~ 10/28 Sleeved
blakereimert
on 11/8/11 3:13 am - TX
Your body is adjusting, fluids are present. Be patient. Follow your program and you will most like see a big drop in a few days. Right now at 11 days out your biggest concern is with getting enough fluids in to prevent dehydration. So focus on that and then protein, follow your plan and it will work.

MsMerry
on 11/8/11 3:16 am - Eagle Rock, CA
Thanks, it just when I hear others say they lost 20 the 1st two weeks, I want to cry ... 
VegasLAbound
on 11/8/11 3:28 am - Cleveland, OH
Don't compare to others' weightloss just be content with the process. Some people lose 100 in 5 months some take a year. I need to listen to my own advice so I know how you feel. And stay off the scale it's the worst.
cmgg1972
on 11/8/11 3:39 am
everyone is different.  stop comparing yourself and overanalyzing.  this is your journey.  continue to do what you are suppose to do and i am CONFIDENT everything will work out the way it is suppose to
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
ladyquenn
on 11/8/11 3:59 am - WV
I am one of those that gained 20+ pounds in the hospital. I know it was the IVs and meds but I should not have weighed myself. I cried. It took me two weeks to get back to my surgery day weight then the system started to get to work. Its a shock to the body and once it adjusted I started having results.
Teddi J
We have just enough religion to make us hate,
but not enough to make us love one another. ~Jonathan Swift                    
susanraywilliams
on 11/8/11 4:12 am
Your race, your pace! Stay off those scales for now because what they read is not necessarily symptomatic of what is truthfully going on in your body. You'll be fine and before you know it, you will be seeing and feeling a difference if not already.

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." William Duran

edelu
on 11/8/11 4:45 am - los angeles, CA
On my 12 day follow up appt i had not lost a pound.  Believe me it is not that you are the one person this surgery will not work for you already know how much less you were eating than pre-surgery.  Your body is just in flux, it will calm down and start behaving don't worry.  BTW my weight in my doctors office and at the hospital had me at a 7 lb difference.  I had wls 2 years earlier (i was a lap band revision) and it did my head in, that time because it seemed that i gained 7lb from surgery.  the 2nd time vsg i was ready for it.  So go with the weight you are sure of on the scale you were used to and count down from that as soon as it starts to drop and drop it will.  Good Luck
SuperRN597
on 11/8/11 7:54 am
I feel your frustration and I can definitely sympathize with you.  Been there and done that!!!  I had a 32 day stall that started on my 11th day post-op.  I will not bore everyone else with the details because many have heard my story before.  I will direct you to my blog and finish by saying look where I am now...215 pounds gone and 20 pounds from goal.  Do not fret, it will happen.  Have faith in your program and work your tool. Your body will let go of those pounds when it is good and ready to and not a second before.  It will happen.  Trust me.
 Sharon 
Consult date 1/11/10   Weight 398.5     Surgery date 3/1/10  Weight 374
HW 400+     CW 196.6    Dr. GW <200   My GW 150

BethR311
on 11/8/11 10:23 am - Fort Wayne, IN
It happened to me too. I was 291 on surgery day and 298 four days later. I too could have cried. But I just kept working my program and finally got below the surgery weight. Then two weekends ago I gained four pounds from Friday to Monday!! We keep weighing ourselves because we're so early out we don't trust our tool. But I am walking and drinking water and eating Greek yogurt till it's coming out my ears and it seems to be working.

I know, I'm so jealous when I see people losing 20 pounds their first ten days or whatever. I just keep going. Keep doing what you need to do and it will work

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views