My tummy might be to tight

Shana16
on 11/9/11 5:07 am - Las Vegas, NV
I have be having so trouble eating in the morning.  I have to wait about 4 hours after waking up  to eat something.  If I do try to eat it hurts and I get sick.  I also have been throwing up about 3/4 times a week. Not for sure if I am over eating or  if it is something else. I am going Dec to the doctor to have him check it out if the scope.  He said it can happen in about 1% of people.
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

Mom4Jazz
on 11/9/11 5:15 am
First have the scope to rule out any kind of a stricture or blockage. They do happen. No-one wants to be the one with the complication but they can be fixed so don't panic if you do.

Then, if you don't, look at what you're eating in the morning. Make sure it's not too dense and that you are eating very small portions. I don't know how you feel about shakes, but I've found them to be the breakfast I'm most comfortable with all 'round. Have one every day. Otherwise, look at softer proteins for breakfast.

You'll figure it out; glad your surgeon is working with you on this. We've had some who blame all problems on the patient. Better to check everything out.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Ms Shell
on 11/9/11 6:51 am - Hawthorne, CA
I always start my day with a protein shake...it's easy and goes down.  And yeah narrowing and strictures happen, but it's not to worry for now just focus on super soft foods and don't eat much in one sitting.

MS Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Shana16
on 11/9/11 8:25 am - Las Vegas, NV
Thanks I do a drink every morning, but sometimes I would like to eat food so morning when I am every hungry or going to have a very busy day. 
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

Krazydoglady
on 11/9/11 9:57 am - FL
Try starting with warm herbal tea. It helps relax the sleeve a bit. 

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Jan G.
on 11/9/11 12:07 pm - WI
Hon, do not wait till December to see your surgeon DEMAND an appt right away. I had this same problem..even water would bloat my little tummy. Seems the pyloric valve was not emptying and I would end up throwing up even saliva or a sip of water. Foods would sit there for hours and hours until I eventually threw it up. This started right after surgery keeping me there for 6 days and finally at 7 or 8 weeks later he did an EDG and stretched (dilated) my tummy. IT helped a lot but now at 13 weeks I am having the problem but less..still.. I am throwing up dinner after it sits there for hours.

So don't wait.. you are not sure what it is. Thank goodness mine was not obstructed, nor did I have any stricture..just too tight.

Good luck and let us know how its going ok?

P. S. EDG was a piece of cake.. 3 days of liquid diet..then slowly reutrning to mushies ..then.. real food.

Hugs, Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

Shana16
on 11/9/11 3:49 pm - Las Vegas, NV
When I am in the shower I will drink warm water for the reasons of to get more water in and to loosen the tummy. It does not help I will drink tea too with no luck. 

I can only work that date in me seclude ( I work two jobs) but if it gets worse on on to much pain when eating I will go to him early or the ER.  I will keep you all posted.
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

doggz109
on 11/9/11 4:44 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
There is nothing that really "loosens" your stomach.  You are 7 months out so it should be completely healed and at its final size.

However, you can develop a stricture or a twisting.  Throwing up 3-4 times a week is absolutely NOT normal and something is wrong.

You need to see a doctor much sooner than you are planning.  I know working is important in this economy.....but you won't make any money if you are dead or bed ridden will ya?
Shana16
on 11/10/11 3:35 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Really nothing will loosen it? I thought they would stick something like a balloon down there and they full it up and push everything to the sides.   Much like they do for the heart. Good point. Thanks
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

doggz109
on 11/11/11 1:04 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Yes, they can do that to help resolve a stricture.

I meant that there is no food/beverage/remedy that you can take at home that would help "loosen" your stomach.

You really need to get scoped and find out what is wrong.  Vomiting that much is not normal.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views