hungry?!?!?

amberk82
on 11/17/11 7:55 am
I dont know if the feeling I have is actual hunger? I thought I was not supposed to be hungry right now? I am only 3 days out..anyone else experience this or am I broken? 

katier825
on 11/17/11 8:01 am
It could be acid. Are you taking anything for it? I needed to take something daily for a couple of months. Now I only take as needed.
amberk82
on 11/17/11 8:10 am
yea i am...i just got home yesterday from the hospital and took that medicine which i broke the pill open and added the little bead things with a little shot of crystal light and drank it. I think I figured out why,...I asm not really eating anything other than a little chicken broth and some sf popsicles here and there..I dont think I am eating anything with substance? 
Eileen36
on 11/17/11 8:36 am - PA
I never "lost" my hunger. I was a little disappointed by that, but it is nothing like it was before surgery. And, it takes very little to satisfy it. Of course, liquids aren't really going to touch your hunger. Once you are eating something more solid, you'll see how little it takes.

Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 6/8/12!! - LBL, BL/BA, Arm Lift & Medial Thigh Lift             
Mandi E.
on 11/17/11 8:39 am - Kissimmee, FL
I'm the same way. I never lost my hunger. I had it a week afterward till today. You just have to learn to manage it. I take a PPI and wait about 30 minutes. If I still feel it, I'll do a protein snack and that normally cuts it. Best of luck and welcome to the club! :D 
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

luvck0306
on 11/17/11 8:41 am - TX

I had the same problem and got sleeved last Wednesday the 9th. I wasn't supposed to have "mushies" until today but I started 2 days ago with refried beans. Today now that the liquid phase is done I've ate!! A lot it seems like but the thing is it's not that much and the feeling of satisfaction is so much better. Just stick it out until the doctor says you can start others. It's well worth it and good luck.

HW: 345 SW: 334
amberk82
on 11/17/11 10:06 am
thanks so much,,,I am so happy to hear I am normal!! I can hear my stomach growling!! I am trying to stay up on the sf popsicles as much as I can hoping and praying the hunger pains will get better...I tried to eat a protein shake and that didnt work! I couldnt tolerate more than 2 sips :( oh boy this is gonna be a LONG road!!!
Mandi E.
on 11/17/11 10:36 am - Kissimmee, FL
Honey! Trust me the first 2 months for me were hell. I had 1 month on pure liquids and 1 month of mushies before I could eat solid food. You will get through this. It will go in a blink of an eye, and I swear to you I lost the most weight (concentrated) in that time frame. Just remember it will get better and you can get through this!! I'm here if you need support!  
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

amberk82
on 11/17/11 9:33 pm
Thanks alot Mandi! I really appreciate it! I am gonna go to GNC today and see if I can get some type of protein I can stand whether it be flavorless or whatever so I can add to my broth so I can not feel so freaking hungry all the time and hope that works..I am on clear liquids until Mon and then full liquids for a week and then on to soft/mushy stage which I am looking sooooo forward to!!! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views