Hair Loss Questions and Concerns

AnnieG_1977
on 11/17/11 9:44 pm - LA
I had surgery on August 1, 2011 and have recently started to notice a large amount of hair loss. Before the surgery I lost a lot of hair loss on a regular basis, but it has just started to get worse. I have read on here that this is going to happen no matter what, and I have really thick hair so I am not that worried, I was just wondering how long the hair loss last and at what point does it start to grow back?

I am starting to panic a little bit! Just wanted to see what other people are experiencing.

Any replies would be great!

Thanks
Annie
Pam M.
on 11/17/11 9:54 pm - Orland Hills, IL
 I had surgery August 4th. I am losing hair like crazy! This too will pass!

So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key!!        
katier825
on 11/17/11 9:57 pm
Mine started a few months out and lasted 6-8 weeks. There always seemed to be a lot in the drain, but the only difference I noticed was that my hair didn't behave as well when styling. It is temporary, so keep that in mind.
2muchfluff
on 11/17/11 10:08 pm
 I am almost a year out and my hair loss has just recently started to slow down.  I have been taking Biotin from the beginning to try to speed up regrowth.  I just noticed in the past two weeks that my nails, which have always been very thin and brittle are growing longer and thicker so hoping this means my hair is doing the same.  It doesn't appear to be as thin at the scalp as it was.  Fingers crossed.

RhondaLynn
on 11/17/11 10:36 pm
I am two weeks post op.  I was suppose to get the prescription for the drug Actigal.  I didn not get it when I left the hospital. 
My two week check up was yesterday and I asked the doctor about it. he called in my prescription for Ursodiol which is generic Actigal.  I started reading the drug information and one of the side effects is..... HAIR LOSS!!!!!
I am wondering if this is adding to our problem??? I really don't want to lose what little hair I have left.. can any veterans chime in on this.

Rhonda
Carmelita
on 11/17/11 10:53 pm, edited 11/18/11 1:27 am - Four Corners, NM
Carmelita
on 11/17/11 10:45 pm - Four Corners, NM
vacationlover
on 11/17/11 11:19 pm
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/11 12:46 am
My hair loss started at 3 months and slowed down once then started falling out like crazy again.  Now it has seemingly stopped falling out but is very very thin.  I took biotin since day one, got in all my protien and water so basically there isn't much you can do about it.  I have taken Ursodiol since 2009 for a liver condition and have never lost hair from taking it.  (I take 1500mgs a day, it is taken by body weight)  Some people do lose hair from Urso however not taking it and losing your gall bladder would be worse, or your bile ducts.
wls2011
on 11/18/11 12:52 am - Ballston Lake, NY
I'm pretty sure that my hair loss really intensified around 3 months post op....at about 6 months it slowed down and I started sprouting new hairs at the hairline....I am 7 months out now...and it is starting to appear a little thicker again....but I'm still shedding....just nowhere like before, thankfully.

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11