2 weeks POST OP--eyes bigger than stomach..help

Lilo27Stitch
on 11/21/11 8:04 am
to think 15 days after my surgery is thanksgiving...i could've timed this all better LOL

but surprisingly i'm really only craving what my body needs...i asked for dark meat turkey/sweet potatoes/and spinach for thanksgiving. all of which are healthy..and i'll only be able to have a bite of each but i'm okay with that...i think. i've had trouble knowing when i'm full...i definitley do feel hunger around my meal times but its not horrible...i have a few bites of something and it goes away.

the hardest part for me so far has been to leave food over... i feel like i'm eating so little that i should be able to fini****my eyes are bigger than my stomach still and i have to figure out how to get them on the same page... any hints?

tillmadd
on 11/21/11 8:08 am - WI
I had my surgery 11/7 and you better believe i stop after a couple of baby spoon bites because the "foamies to follow" are not friendly to me! I am prepared to have 1 tbs of mushie turkey and 1 tps of mashed potatoes/gravy. thats all my friendly sleeve will be happy with and I am ok with that!!!
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

soon2b20
on 11/21/11 8:14 am - NJ
Best to measure and follow the amounts you were given for now.   Of course I don't follow this advice and always make more than I can possibly eat.  My doctors orders for Thanksgiving is to have a bit of anything I want.... now that advice I can follow !   Remember always finishing is probably a big part of what got most of us here.

Lilo27Stitch
on 11/21/11 8:19 am
thanks a lot! yeah i keep telling myself thats the reason i was at my highest...i've been trying to eyeball everything but i think i need to keep a food log to make sure i'm being true to myself.

this is another silly question...what if you hit a 'stall' 2 weeks out? i want to exercise but can't yet...and i've been stuck at the same weight the past few days...i know i shouldn't be weighing myself daily but thats so hard not to do..
Charlie S.
on 11/21/11 8:58 am
Yes, I can certainly see the "eyes bigger than stomach" thing.  However, I don't really have that problem because I weigh everything I eat beforehand and only put on my plate what fits in my plan.  That way I never go overboard.  However, with some foods you fill up faster than others.  In those cases, that is where eating slowly helps.  And yes, you just have to get used to leaving food on the plate.

Second, the dreaded 2/3 week stall is completely normal.  Do a search for 3 week stall and you will quickly see that you are right on track.  (My 3 week stall came about halfway through week 2)  I stayed "stalled" for a whole week, but then started back up.  However during those two weeks, my inches did go down, and I dropped a pant size during the one week.  That is where my listening to the vets came in handy.  I not only weigh every sunday, but I also measure.  That way when I hit a stall (because other than the one you are in now, everyones is different) I will still be able to see the progress in inches lost to keep my head up on this journey.

Best of luck!

HW:  429                     SW: 380                Height: 5'08"

Lilo27Stitch
on 11/21/11 9:21 am
great tips thank u! i started on myfitnesspal.com also to monitor what i'm eating and how much...i'm under their recommended calorie intake but that 'plan' is not for people who have had wls. how many calories should we be having daily?
Charlie S.
on 11/21/11 11:10 am

My Doctors plan has us between 600 and 800 calories per day.  I don't usually have any problem with that.   I think I have gone over 600 twice...  My MyFitnessPal has he following stats for a day:

600 Calories (but between 600 and 800 is fine, I err on the small side)
30 Carbs (plan is 30-40, err on the small side)
30 Fat
53 Protein (Alot of Drs still require upwards of 70 or 80, but my Dr says his patients do well at 50-60...I usually get closer to 60 every day)
42 Sugar (I usually have at least 20 left at the end of the day)

Today was pretty average...  Here is where I ended up for the day...

491 Calories
15 Carbs
22 Fats
60 Protein
10 Sugars

My suggestion is to find out what your Drs plan is and stick to it.  Don’t spend too much time listening to other Drs plans.  You picked your Dr for a reason, follow his or her plan and you will succeed.  However, that is my Drs plan and it is working PERFECTLY for me!

HW:  429                     SW: 380                Height: 5'08"

Ms Shell
on 11/21/11 9:33 am - Hawthorne, CA
Since you are OVER eyeballing...Eyeball what you THINK and just take 1/2 of THAT...it's a little trick but helps....

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Lilo27Stitch
on 11/21/11 9:43 am
thanks!
Paige V.
on 11/21/11 10:05 am - Gainesville, FL
girl I still deal with this, and then I eat too fast and puke or just feel sick...its no fun, but I know I will eventually learn! lol

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views