Is this book any good??

Ms. Poker Face
on 11/28/11 9:38 am
My counselor recommended I read Women, Food and God by Geneen Roth.  I've heard she's a good writer for the mental side of food issues.  Wondering if you've ever read anything by her?  Or more specifically, this book?

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

janielynne
on 11/28/11 10:08 am
I heard about it on Oprah...bought it and never read it...Maybe I should..

soulsister
on 11/28/11 10:51 am - NY
I met her at a book signing about ten yrs ago. I was always a fan butwhen i saw her my mind changed.

She looked aneroxic! Her head was bigger than her body. It made me think, do i really want this person as my role model?

I read the one book about pulling up a chair to eat at the fridge and felt like anyone could have written it. Not much substance.....

I would recommend taking it out from the library before buying. But i haven't read it so who am I to say?
LaToya S.
on 11/28/11 11:36 am - Edwardsville, IL
I wanted to read but have not gotten around to it.
Might have my library order it so I can check it out :-)

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

newme2011-2012
on 11/28/11 11:48 am
I read it.. You need to read it with and open mind.
Anyone who has had food isssues would get something from this book.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

infodiva808
on 11/28/11 6:25 pm
I read her book, When Food is Love. I really found myself in some of her writing. I remember one phrase that really clicked with me and helped me get a handle on my emotional and binge eating. She said something to the effect that when you binge or eat emotionally you are taking care of yourself. Now b4 ya all get bent outta shape over that one, she went on to say that we were taught to take care of ourselves by feeding ourselves and then she went through all the emotional stages we go through with disordered eating. It really helped me to stop judging myself, and once I could accept the behavior I could begin to change it. So if you have ever felt that your best friend is food or that Saturday night date night was spent in the inner aisles of the supermarket, this book is for you.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views