2-3 week stall

Lilo27Stitch
on 11/28/11 11:43 pm
so..i'm there :-\ ... had my VSG 11/9/11...scale hasn't moved in days....when will it change again and how can i help it MOVE?!

BriarRose
on 11/28/11 11:53 pm
You just stick to your plan, walk as much as you can, exercise according to what your surgeon will allow....and drink as much as you can. It is your body screaming "wait ! wait ! I want more calories than you are giving me" you are healing from surgery, your body is getting less than half of what it was used to, and it's kicking back.

My early stall lasted a FULL three weeks -- not one ounce lost. But then, like magic, I woke up expecting the same ole nothing from the scale, and had magially lost a half pound, then the next day, another half.....it WILL happen.

Hang in there. There will be periods of time that your body just needs to catch up. Best suggestion is to take your measurments and watch your body shrink as you lose weight. Because when the scale stops moving, the inches still come off !!!

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Lilo27Stitch
on 11/29/11 12:08 am
Thank you so much!
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/11 2:23 am
Patience really is a virtue. I am about 10 weeks from surgery and have had two stalls. But am still down 38 lbs. when else have i ever lost that much in such a short time? Never. Justbwork your program and you will get results.
Ms. Poker Face
on 11/29/11 2:35 am
This is very normal and there's not much you can do other than stick to your plan!  Are you getting your protein and your fluids in?  Are you limiting carbs?  Are you tracking your food?  Any exercise?

Many of us, me included, are stair step losers.  I go a few weeks with no loss and then BAM, I lose a couple pounds overnight.  I'm so used to it now that it doesn't even phase me. 

Good luck!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

VegasLAbound
on 11/29/11 2:49 am - Cleveland, OH
Not to frustrate you but my 1st stall at about 2 weeks post-op lasted 5 weeks. I'm 8 weeks out and can you imagine my entire post-op journey has been a stall. It's th worst thing in the world but don't freak out.

Lilo27Stitch
on 11/29/11 2:56 am
i am logging food, exercising, vitamins, weighing portions, the whole shebang! i need to up my fluids...i find tha****er makes me sick now... which sucks because I used to love to drink it! but for some reason the fluids alone make me kind of nauseous? is that normal?

thanks for all the tips and advice everybody!
ShanaR
on 11/29/11 9:43 am - East Brunswick, NJ
VSG on 11/09/11 with
I had my surgery the same day as you down 21.4lbs gained 2back and I'm at the stall also.. It's a bummer.. But soon it will change and we will be on the road to losing again!
"I choose Inner beauty for the first and physical beauty for the Second"-UnKnown
Hw:280 SW:223.4 CW:199.4 GW:150

scorp2413
on 11/29/11 8:44 am - orchard park, NY
Lilo I had my surgery on the 7th and am in the middle of a stall too. It is funny you said that about the water because it makes me sick too. On Sunday  I realized I was dehydrated and drank a 36 ounce Gatorade. As I am up my fluids now it isn't making me as sick. The Gatorade helped with that. Maybe I was too dehydrated and needed the electrolytes?   I keep plugging away at the water sip by sip!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views