New surgery (not WLS)

Crystal M.
on 11/30/11 10:03 am - El Paso, TX
I am 3 months out from my VSG.

In just 5 days, I will be having another surgery, back surgery this time. I am NOT looking forward to this, although I am looking forward to being able to walk without pain again.

Any advice?

It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

ctwoman
on 11/30/11 10:15 am
Sorry, that I don't have any advise for you but you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
HW 315 - Lapband 11/7/07 Lapband emergency removal 3/17/11 -weighed 159
VSG Pre-op diet 10/21/11 weighed 256 - Surgery on 10/31/11 weighed 239.8

AmberK
on 11/30/11 10:19 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 I do think that with your weight loss, this surgery would be easier to get though than if you hadn't lost some weight! I will be thinking of you! 

Crystal M.
on 11/30/11 11:20 am - El Paso, TX
I'm sure that's true. Thanks for pointing that out.

VeronicaJ5
on 11/30/11 10:31 am - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
i don't have any advice either just good luck
soulsister
on 11/30/11 11:01 am - NY
I had two discectomies on L4-5.

Easy peasy. I could finally walk without shooting pains down my legs. Instant relief!

Is that what ur having? I didn't even stay overnight.
Crystal M.
on 11/30/11 11:14 am, edited 11/29/11 11:16 pm - El Paso, TX
It's a discectomy with a fusion. The surgeon removes the bad disc and puts in a spacer, then fuses the vertebrae above & below together. It's an overnight hospital stay.

My best friend, who is a similar age and size as me, just had the same surgery by the same doctor, so I've been following her progress. She had it about two weeks ago and will be out of work another two weeks.

For some reason, I'm far more scared about this surgery than I was my sleeve surgery.

MrsClaus09
on 11/30/11 8:24 pm

Best of luck to you!  I had the same surgery two years ago and it's helped so much!  It wasn't horrible but I wouldn't want to do it again...which is likely.  I'm sure you'll be fine!  GL!

My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
frisco
on 11/30/11 11:09 am

Ummmm.......... You may want to talk to your doctor about starting on a stool softener before surgery. The pain meds tend to firm things up....And if you already have an issue with constipation ....it can get worse right after surgery.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Crystal M.
on 11/30/11 11:18 am - El Paso, TX
Thanks, Frisco. I already take Miralax daily. Besides, the pain medicine he prescribes is hydrocodone, which I've taken for years, and it doesn't do that to me. All the same, I'll likely increase the Miralax for a while as needed.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views