Calories/Carbs?

A_NewFuture
on 12/3/11 8:45 am - Saginaw, MI
 Ok I may be asking something that may seem just so simple to some but for me who has always struggled with my weight I was wondering what is a good Calorie/Carb count to be keeping within. I am currently coming up on my 8th week post op and I don't want to start eating like crazy even though I can't eat as much doesn't mean I can't eat the wrong things and still get the wrong results. That is something I DON'T WANT TO DO  and with me having trouble with getting my protein in I have enjoyed a protein bar well about a quarter of a bar but still the calories and carbs are my concern right now. I am not a good dietier but I am trying my hardest to learn to be and to make this work for me. I know it is a tool and I am the one that has to work the tool but with the support of this site I have learned so much. So I am asking for help again now that I am getting further and further out I don't want to become one of those that begin to eat what ever the heck they want! Thanks for reading and thanks for responding

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL

With Gods help I am going to beat this!  

Ms. Poker Face
on 12/3/11 9:02 am
Planning and being proactive is good!

The basics that many of us VSGers use:
600-800 calories per day
60+g protein
less than 40g carbs
64+oz fluids

Is this what you were looking for?

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

A_NewFuture
on 12/3/11 9:06 am - Saginaw, MI
 YES! yes it is Silly THANK YOU  So much! I really appreciate the information.

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL

MrsClaus09
on 12/3/11 9:13 am
Please keep in mind what works for one may not work for another.  That being said, I do well when I take in between 850-1100 cals (I average around 980) and carbs between 80-120 (average around 100).  I simply couldn't live and wouldn't find it realistic for me to keep carbs so low...done that, been there with Atkins and it's just not sustainable for me. As for protein...I', great at 60-80 but will find myself around 40 some days.

Good luck!! 
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
A_NewFuture
on 12/3/11 9:25 am - Saginaw, MI
 Thank you! I will keep that in mind. I am trying to find the happy point for myself which I am hoping to do soon. Thanks again for your input and information

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL

Crissy327
on 12/3/11 9:34 am - NC
Wow! You can tollerate that many carbs? My doc says under 30 I beleive. It is hard to do but if i go up very much from there, my loses slow down quiet a bit. I aure wish I could eat that many!

Good for you!

I don't eat that many calories either. My doc says 600-800/day. I might make the 600/day if I am lucky. It's so werid how different things work for different people. I would love to be able to eat like you do and still lose good.

Oh well, it's all good. If I am losing, I'm happy. He He

Thanks for sharing. I learned something new!
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
A_NewFuture
on 12/3/11 10:54 am - Saginaw, MI
 yeah Crissy that seems to be the norm what Sweet mentioned and I too can't get that much in. I am barely getting in my protein so I know I am not getting anywhere near the amount of calories, carbs, proteins or anything else that is suppose to be good. My weight I am still losing THANK GOD! but I just wanted to make sure I don't veer off in the wrong direction. Thanks for posting your input as I value all who give me some information.

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL

ruggie
on 12/3/11 11:24 am - Sacramento, CA
We all (mostly) have trouble getting protein in.

Combine your daily protein intake with your daily water intake = protein shakes.

I get 70g of protein a day from 3 protein shakes totalling 300 calories.  Another 20-30 g protein comes from food.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

LeahBea
on 12/3/11 11:40 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
Yup some of us are on the other end of that spectrum. My days usually look as follows:
500-700 calories (it's really hard for me to get much more in)
20-25g of carbs
60+ protein
64+ oz of liquids

I keep my carbs much lower than most because I don't lose as well if I don't. You'll find what works for you, just takes a little time and paying attention.

Leah

jovi_34
on 12/3/11 11:43 am - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with
Hi Raquel

We are both the same week & I am doing what silly_sweet replied. Everyone is different see what works for you. I usually get in 500-600. I am trying to get in more but I can't. Especially when I work out. I'm pretty good at less than 40 for carbs and my protein, I'm trying to get it in with food first & if I need more add a shake in. Water I can't get all 64 oz yet, but I"m trying. I'm using myfitnesspal, as I'm sure many are here & thats my lifesaver!! I did notice that when I stalled, I def. changed a bit of these numbers & thats how I got out of it!! Have you spoken with your NUT? They might be able to tell you more.

Hope thats helped a bit.
Check me out at : www.jovanyneal.scentsy.us  for all your Scentsy needs     

HW:256  CW: 243  SW:231   GW: 135

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views