Endoscopy done, checking in to the hospital tonight!

Samantha H.
on 12/4/11 1:06 pm - Kuwait City, Kuwait
So, I had my endoscopy done last night and have heard some pretty funny stories!

I have an absolutely terrible gag reflex. Apparently, when the doctor was trying to insert the scope, I started boxing! The nurse said I was trying to hit everyone and she had to pin my arms down! Fortunately, I do not remember any of this

Next, I hear that I was gagging so badly that they had a hard time actually performing the endoscopy. I ended up popping a blood vessel in my eye from the amount of coughing I did and my throat is so raw that I cannot even swallow without cringing. Note to self: endoscopies suck!

Since everything came back clear, I will be on my way to the hospital tonight after work. Surgery is tomorrow AM and I am soooooooooooooooooo nervous! I have all my liquids ready to go, my bag isn't packed yet but I have my list (procrastination at its finest), and hubby has taken the rest of the week off work to help me out.

Wish me luck! So excited to join the rest of you on the loser's bench!
newme2011-2012
on 12/4/11 1:30 pm
Good luck!!! Moving over to make a seat for you!!!
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

grdn_grl
on 12/4/11 2:42 pm
Wishing you the best tomorrow - I wish I was tomorrow because I'm sooo nervous also and I have to wait two weeks!!! Post when you can, good luck!!!

Wendy
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/11 6:36 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13
I am wishing you lots of luck and the best for your surgery.  Congratulations and I'm sure you will have a successful surgery & great recovery.. :)
hermio
on 12/4/11 7:03 pm
 Good Luck. I will lead you into the emergency room. 

My Sleeve arrives today.

WOO HOO

1st Goal 225      2nd Goal  200     3rd Goal 180   Trying 1st = 3 mo    2nd = 6mo   3rd = 1yr  GW 180

Dec 5,  2011 VSG,    5'7" Male,     HW 320,     SW 276,     CW 235,     GW 190
Loss by Doc Visit 1mo=18   3mo= 26   6mo=??  
Samantha H.
on 12/4/11 7:11 pm - Kuwait City, Kuwait
Go. hermio!!!

Best of luck!!
Samantha H.
on 12/4/11 7:13 pm - Kuwait City, Kuwait
Thanks, all! I love the positive vibes that are constantly flowing around this place! 6 more hours to hospital time and my nerves are getting the better of me. Unfortunately, I have always been one of those people who get extremely nauseous when they get nervous
mylifegr8
on 12/4/11 7:50 pm - IL
Best wishes on a smoothe ride.
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/11 8:38 pm - GA
Best of luck Sam! I'm so excited for you. Remember, even 8,000 miles away we are praying for you! I will post the Dec 6th prayer this evening on the december surgery board. Please keep us posted!
Samantha H.
on 12/4/11 8:39 pm - Kuwait City, Kuwait
Thanks, Ro! You're such a sweetheart!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views