Did any of you get approved after not losing weight on your 6 month dr weight loss??

krista A.
on 12/5/11 4:10 am - TN
I have united healthcare and just found out today I passed my psychological evaluation!! Anyways, On my 6 month documentes weight loss thing I actually GAINED like 20 pounds,,, I'm afraid im not going to get approved. Anyone have any experience with this?
imchatti
on 12/5/11 4:18 am - NJ
i gained and lost a few times during my doctor diet.  my surgeon said we didn't have to lose at all, but we did have to write down everything we ate.   at each meeting she would make reccomendations on what we should change in our diets, so that we would have a better chance of being successful after surgery.
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/11 5:05 am, edited 12/5/11 5:06 am
I gained like 60+ pounds... oh but I did my program over a year and a half because I kept changing my mind about the surgery. I never had a problem getting approved. Probably because my BMI was so high even before that 60 pounds..
Crabadams72
on 12/5/11 5:08 am - Silver Spring, MD
I have UHC and did not lose during the 6 month "diet" and still got approved.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

julesGA
on 12/5/11 5:08 am - Brunswick, GA
 I have UHC and stayed at about the same weight.  I was approved with no problems. 

krista A.
on 12/5/11 5:23 am - TN
Oh wow, I felt like I was the only one. I'm on a med that makes me gain weight (risperdal) and had just started it at the beginning of my 6 month weight loss attempt.
VeronicaJ5
on 12/5/11 6:41 am - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
i think it depends on the insurance requirements and also the place you are having surgery, most insurance just requires a bmi limit but the hospitals program i am in requires a 5% weight loss before they will aprove
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views