You ain't never met a noob like me!

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 12/8/11 8:22 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
HEEEYYYY AUTUMN!!!
You sound like a *****y chicky-doo!

My name is Leslie and I was a TK (teacher's kid), went to a Methodist college, married a Catholic the first time, converted, married a Baptist Firefighter the second time (that one has stuck) and have generally raised hell all my life.

I'm 50 years old, have 5 kids, 10 grandkids, am a Gemini (aka as changeable as a fart in a whirlwind) and have a 170 lb "fur-kid" (see my avatar?)

Welcome to the board!  If this old broad can rock her sleeve, you can too!  I was thin, athletic and healthy until I hit my 30's.   I'm 5'3 and my highest weight was 272.  I am now 187 and looking damn good in my comfortably fitting size 14 petite jeans.

You can do this too!  Your path will be different (don't compare your weight loss to other people's) but you will get to your goal too.  I'm so glad you have insurance approval and your mom as a "sleeve buddy".

I was determined enough that when turned down by insurance, I went to Mexico, to a dr I'd never met, and I hospital that I'd never seen, in a town I'd never heard of before to have my surgery.  Best thing I ever did.  Thanks to OH, I found the BEST doc evah!

Good luck!
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
auttibs
on 12/8/11 9:49 pm
Hey Leslie!

I love to meet fellow hell-raisers!  It sounds like you have your hands full with all those kids and grandbabies and even that cute furbaby!

I keep reminding myself that I am not any of the other people on this board... because if I internalized all the stuff that everyone collectively has said, I'd be scared poopless.  Haha.

You are a brave soul to go all the way to Mexico.  When I figured out that my new insurance covered it, I was so game.  I don't know if I would have considered going out of the country for it! 

Keep up the good work!  You and your size 14 petite hot jeans!

PS - Being 50 does NOT make you an old broad! 

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 202 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 286 views