You ain't never met a noob like me!

auttibs
on 12/7/11 11:00 am, edited 12/7/11 9:09 pm
You ain't never met a noob like me! Hey! I'm Autumn. I'm 28, a Pisces, and more fun than most can handle. My favorite color is polkadots. I am an overachiever in all parts of my life. I've been married to my partner for 8 months (wooooo DC). I'm the middle school keyboarding and computer teacher in a small county. I have 21 tattoos, love loud music, and sadly - I'm addicted to Twilight. I'm often too loud, too big, and too much.

My story starts out like many others. I've been big my entire life. I can remember being teased in elementary school (suck it, douches!). That's okay - i was one of the smart kids, but that doesn't mean that they didn't tease me through school either. I never had a real boyfriend/girlfriend until I got to college. The beginning of college was a disaster for me. I had a room mate situation - read that as bad news. I ended up hating myself and began to self injure. I finally got to a place where I could go away from home to school and I then turned a small Baptist school on its head. Let's just say that Fred Phelps (the crazy people that protest gays and soldiers) protested at my graduation because of ME!

I met my partner after I graduated. One time, we got on a fitness and Weigh****chers kick and I lost 70 pounds. I became a gym rat - i was there everyday for an hour or more. I love it! However, I trained too hard, too fast and messed up my knee. Then I tore a tendon in my arch. Suck! It was over after that.

Fast forward to now. When i got my new teaching job, I found my insurance covered WLS!!! I had to wait for my insurance to start on October 1. I really have been on a world wind tour for WLS. I had my free seminar on Election Day. I took my momma for support (works as a teacher in the same building I do). She decided that night to do this with me. We started our appointments and got our psych eval on November 30. We got word of our insurance approval on December 1. Wahoooooo!

So! Where does this leave me? I've been lurking around here for about a month and thought it time to get a profile. I'm currently 324 pounds and 5'5". But! My sleeve surgery is Tuesday, December 13 at 7am. I am ready. I want this to be the start to the rest of my life!! I want this to be another part of my life I can be an overachiever in!

I haven't made any strict weight goals with my surgeon yet. At my height, charts say I should be 140. I'm not sure that I'll look healthy like that. Really, I want a healthy BMI. I want to be able to buy clothes in the mall - not at Torrid or Lane Bryant. I want to be able to run a half-marathon. I want to wear a two piece bathing suit - because I never have - EVER. I want to be able to wrap my arms around my legs. I want to be able to have kids (dang PCOS!)

Be my friend. I'm wild and funny - never a dull moment! I'd love some encouragement - I am a tad nervous.
kimbethin
on 12/7/11 11:10 am - CA
Welcome!  You've made a great choice and I wish you great success.  12/13/11 sounds like a lucky day to me.  Don't worry about a final goal, you'll know it whn you get there.  We all have a nervous minute or 2 before surgery and many of us wake up post-op thinking "what have I done?"   VSG is the best thing I've ever done for myself.  My kind of critical Irish catholic mom says I've never seemed happier.  I'm glad you stopped lurking and joined the party.  I think you'll like it here.  Oh yeah, I'm a gemini, I'm 46 and I have big trouble answering yes/no and true/false questions.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
auttibs
on 12/7/11 9:27 pm
I feel like 12/13 is gonna be a lucky day!  I have had moments in the past weeks - thinking about this.  But then I come to OH and I see the AMAZING stories and think - I can do this!! 

Thanks for the encouragement!  I can't wait to be at the loser's party!!
Dawnie 88
on 12/7/11 11:13 am
Hello!!

You seem like such a fun person!! Nice to meet you!

I also m 5'5 inches tall..and i started at 354 lbs..surgery at 340 lbs.  I'm 19 mths postop and down from a size 32 jean to a size 13 juniors jeans..and a 4xl shirt down to a large or xlarge shirt..and 191 lbs so far..

My life is so much better..I am so much healthier!! Congrat's on your upcoming surgery..and if you have any questions..feel free to message me anytime!!

auttibs
on 12/7/11 9:28 pm
From a size 32 to a juniors 13?  DAAAANGGG.  Go girl!  I'm ready to get on this!
newbutterfly84
on 12/7/11 11:18 am - VA
with
 You seem like a great person and a very motivated one at that! :) I had my VSG surgery on October 18, 2011. I am sure you will do great, being nervous and/or scared is very normal. I was terrified. The more support you have the better. The OH forums help greatly and there are great people to get advice from. Good luck on your journey!
auttibs
on 12/7/11 9:30 pm
You say motivated, I say wild.  Haha. 

How did your surgery go?  You are almost two months out, right?

Can't wait to get this started!
newbutterfly84
on 12/7/11 10:31 pm - VA
with

Wild might be even better lol. I am almost two months out, my surgery went fantastic. But remember to sip sip sip sip because I dehydrated a little less than two weeks out because I wasn't drinking enough fluids. I went into surgery around 345lbs and am now 309. I love my sleeve! It is just the tool I needed to help me out. My husband was more excited for me getting the surgery than I was at first and then I got excited and now I am deffinetly glad I did it.

auttibs
on 12/7/11 10:47 pm
Soooo awesome!  36 pounds in two months?!  SOOOO exciting.

Thanks for the reminder of sipping.  I keep trying!

Susan C.
on 12/7/11 11:21 am
 I'm right behind you Autumn -- my surgery is 12/20!!  Congratulations to you and your mom.  I'm nervous too but also SOOO excited to start the new year off with my sleeve.  What a year it's going to be!!  Welcome to the board.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views