WOMEN...how do we do this????

amberk82
on 12/19/11 11:27 am
Ok.....women....lets talk about cramps!! OMG!! My monthlys have always been ridiculously horrible and heavier than hell, but I had ibuprofen back then too....what do we do?? Tylenol doesnt do crap :( 

southtexas
on 12/19/11 11:30 am
I feel ya! I am there right now and I know it sucks. The Tylenol does not even touch the pain. I took some yesterday and laid down for a while. It seemed to help. Good luck. I hope you get some relief soon.

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/11 11:34 am - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13
you can't take ibuprofen?  i can't really take it either as it causes erosion in my stomach, i don't get cramps but i lose a LOT of blood, so much that i'm currently anemic.  i read several articles that say that ibuprofen makes your periods lighter so i am carefully taking it during my period and am noticing a huge difference in my flow this month!  hopefully i won't get a sick stomach though...

maybe you could try the robaxacet?  muscle relaxer might help with the cramps.  not sure about the flow.
amberk82
on 12/19/11 11:41 am
Ibuprofen is supposed to be a BIG no no from what I am told...we are to have nothing with asprin and no type of anti inflammatories. you did not get told the same?

Jessica O.
on 12/19/11 12:08 pm - Ann Arbor, MI
Anti-inflammatory medications can’t be taken after gastric bypass surgery.  We can however take NSAIDS.  Just another benefit to having the sleeve.

Sleeved on 11/23/11 at 302lbs (309 sw.) 5'6" / 41 years old

Jamie_45
on 12/19/11 12:00 pm - CA
VSG on 01/09/12
I am beyond all that now due to hysterectomy, but I was told by a holistic Dr. to take mega-doses of calcium.  I'm very skeptical of all that but I very hesitantly tried it.  I was amazed... cramps went away immediately.  IDK why but was thankful for it.

vacationlover
on 12/20/11 1:26 am
VeronicaJ5
on 12/19/11 12:43 pm - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
I was told no NSAIDS period. Even with the sleeve ,I was told because the stomach is made smaller the risk for ulcers is too high.
(deactivated member)
on 12/19/11 2:18 pm, edited 12/19/11 2:20 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13
i guess it depends on what your doctor says.  most literature out there says that if you need to take anti inflammatories or steroids you should choose the vsg.  who knows? /shrug

even if it is "okay" i wouldn't be taking 800mg 3 or 4x a day, every day.  that's gonna give anyone problems in the long run.  once a month for a couple of days during heavy flow and cramps, eh, probably.

follow what your doctor says, if he didn't tell you, ask if it's okay to take during your cycle.

Shana16
on 12/19/11 3:34 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I was told ok by my doctor. The Band and Bypass cannot have it even in and IV. Just ask your doctor. I take them 2/3 times a week. I went from not having one to having them 2 a month.
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 402 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 430 views