expected weight loss months 9 - 12?

tanieanie
on 12/22/11 11:05 am - WI
Other than my first month and this month,  I have always lost 10 lbs a month.  This month I lost 8 and Im now heading in to month 9 and wondering what to expect.  How much does weight loss slow down?  What did you lose months 9 - 12?

pinkypromise93
on 12/22/11 11:59 am
Im interested in the answer to this question as well...hopefully a vet will respond soon ;-)

Krazydoglady
on 12/22/11 12:11 pm, edited 12/22/11 12:12 pm - FL
It's going to be different for each person.  How close are you to goal? How much are you eating? How much are you exercising?  Are you getting adequate water, vitamins, protein? 

I'm not far ahead of you, but weightloss by month  is in my signature.  I'm down 7lbs in month 11, so far. 

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

tanieanie
on 12/22/11 12:20 pm - WI
I started at 288 and Im 193  today.  My personal goal is 150 although that is still overweight.  ( I didnt want to set and unrealistic goal))  I stay true to my plan at 600 calories, 40 or less carbs and honestly I get in about 50 protien.  Im going to renew my protien goal tommarow even if I have to drink 2 of those nasty shakes.  LOL    I have about a 3 oz restriction and Im just now starting to excersize and finding I look forward to the kiddos leaving so I can excersize.  ( I found I can even run! go figure)   I Just want to make sure I can keep losing or If I need to do something different to keep it going and I dont stall out.

BETHC500
on 12/22/11 7:50 pm
I am not out as far as you but from what I have researched. To keep your weight loss going on a certain pace you need to continually intensify your workouts and activity.  for example in the beginning we can lose weight by cutting intake and walking a bit and we lose weight. Over a few weeks or months our bodies get more efficient at the calories we do give it. If we start walking more often or begin more active aerobic exercise then we will lose more. that is why most people who have huge weight loss do some form of weight training to build muscle to keep the body burning calories at the highest rate. Hope this helps, Take care and Happy Holidays...

felicity2u
on 12/22/11 12:28 pm - LA
 I also am in my ninth month and have found the weight loss slowing dowl and like you in previous months have lost ten pounds a month. I only have about 13 more pounds to goal but I'm not stressing as this month's festivities have altered my diet some. It will slow down but am happy with where I am at if I didn't lose another pound. You have done wonderfully and shouldn't worry, it will come off!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

jengo1971
on 12/22/11 12:43 pm
Zip, zero, zilch.   Not. One. Pound.  I'm currently working on changing my exercise routine in order to get this last ten pounds off!!   
~Jennifer

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
clthomp
on 12/22/11 12:45 pm - TN
In month 11  since aug I have only lost 10 lbs . very slow.... you guys are doing great.
jaded123
on 12/22/11 11:24 pm - MD
You can see my monthly totals in my signature, but month 6 and 7 were my slowest months, but then month 8 was good, down 12 lbs, and this week I've lost 3 lbs. already. 

After month 7, when I lost 7 lbs, I thought, okay, the magic is over, it'll be slow from here on out.  But then it picked up again!

Everyone is going to lose weight at different rates.  I've been *very* lucky and have never hit a stall. 

HW: 310 /  Lost 15 on pre-op diet  /  SW: 295  /  CW: --- /  GW: 170-175

jenniflorida
on 12/23/11 12:04 am - Washington, DC
I'm 8 + months out.  My monthly totals are: 23, 12, 12, 10, 6, 9, 7, and then 12 pounds last month. Next month will end Jan 7th, but I'm on track for about 6 this month.  I find if I increase protein I lost more. I haven't been good at my exercise since surgery, unfortunately. I also log everything in myfitnesspal.com  When I had lower losing months, looking back at my log, my calories and carbs creeped up. Keep it tight and watch everything and you will continue. Looks like great progress!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views