Head hunger

cryssyd
on 12/23/11 11:06 am, edited 12/22/11 11:12 pm - NY
hi everyone, I was sleeved on 12/14 and head hunger is kicking my you know what .
My surgeon wants his patients to follow clear liquids for 4 weeks after surgery and I don't see how I'm going to make it. I have managed to follow everything to the letter up to this point. please somebody help!!!!!!!!!
ednjen30
on 12/23/11 11:15 am - CA
 This happened to me too, I would fight it by having something to drink with a little flavor, like diet snapple.  I found I just needed to taste something and that would help

If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.
       - Anonymous    
LaToya S.
on 12/23/11 11:16 am - Edwardsville, IL
I can only offer encouragement! You can do this! You can do this! You can do this!

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/11 12:49 pm, edited 12/23/11 12:50 pm
Find out if eggdrop soup is included for you. I got some from a chinese food place the other day and I strained it. OMG it was SOOOO amazing. I also tried hot and spicy soup from the same place and it was ok (I don't like tomato based soups too much). It was definitely a good change from the stuff I had been "eating" and it made me feel like I was eating "real" food because it was something with a taste for once.

Edit: I bought 10 oz servings of each one and they ended up being a lot less after I strained them and they lasted me a while because I was really just having them for the taste.

cryssyd
on 12/23/11 1:09 pm - NY
Thanks for the support ..

Shwag, egg drop soup is on the list but not until week 5.

Lol. This is going to be toture, I never wanted cottage cheese so much in my life!

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/11 1:11 pm
Oh wow. That's a VERY detailed plan!!! 
M. Nguyen
on 12/23/11 1:12 pm - TX
i remember during that period...i added some crystal light to my water. Got myself a better tasting sugar free popsicle, low sodium miso soup.

You kind of have to maybe try different things. Its different for everyone. Some people said they could eat stuff like applesauce or even scramble eggs. It took me almost a month to even be able to down that. It may be different for you.

Foxbins
on 12/23/11 8:31 pm
Yes, I remember that time--I, too was crazy for something other than liquid.  Can you have jello?  Like others, I also had good luck with take-out soups--Vietnamese pho was a favorite as was Thai tom-ka.  I just wanted something to taste different than broth or flavored water.  Stick to your plan, it's worth it in the end!
RoyBoy
on 12/23/11 9:58 pm - WI
Seems that each of us has a different diet. Some can eat some can't. Some were told 60 grams of protien, some were not. All over the board. I caame here and learned about getting enough protien. Seems my Dr. forgot to tell me that or don't care about it. Week 3 I went to puree foods and it was awesome from the liquid yuck diet. One more week and mushy foods, anything that i can mash with a fork. Sounds so good. i can't wait for a piece of baked haddock! always ate deep fried fish but baked seems so good right now. 8 weeks out form surgery my Dr. has no restrictions, just said to listen to what your body is telling you. Tried some puree'd chicken and it didn't sit well with me, but cream of brocolli soup was awesome.
I wish I knew why there isn't a standard diet as some can not have coffee, no ristriction here just don't drink too much.
Good luck to you, it will get better soon. Be creative with the liquids to manage it. I did liquids 7 years ago to loose 85 pounds and got very creative for the 3 months I was on them.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 278 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views