overwhelmed

AMoody
on 12/25/11 9:48 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
I haent even had surgery yet and Im overwhelmed! YEP overwhelmed because I have been surfing the site and going to links, the wold according to Eggface, bariatric foodie, play with your food, and vsgfaq to name a few. I just dont know how Im going to remember it all or how to make it all or what..my heads a whirling, Im trying to bookmark pages but how am I going to know what has what and how to make all those wonderful sounding sleeve friendly foods.. I did get a ninja processor  for Christmas so blending will be a breeze..just had to share my thoughs.....

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

P_B
on 12/25/11 9:51 am - Norfolk, VA
Just take it one bite at a time! It's not hard to remember just follow your surgeons plan and don't push sweets or carbs that are obvious nono's

SuperRN597
on 12/25/11 10:44 am
Reading and being prepared is a fantastic thing to do.  But, letting it overwhelm you might not be a good thing. 

I do have a suggestion or two that might help you in getting started on making the "rules" second nature before surgery day.
Start now with eating protein first, stop drinking with meals now, in short, start incorporating as many of the rules as you can now and by the time you have surgery, you will be an old hand with them.  That is what I did...47 days from consult day to surgery and I had the rules down...didn't really have to think about them as they were habit already. 

Hope this helps.  Good luck to you in your journey.
 Sharon 
Consult date 1/11/10   Weight 398.5     Surgery date 3/1/10  Weight 374
HW 400+     CW 196.6    Dr. GW <200   My GW 150

diane S.
on 12/25/11 11:07 am
well don't get wigged out. just read a little every day. by the time you get to your surgery and recovery, things will fall into place. you will be on liquids for awhile and then mushy stuff and things will fall into place. by the time you get ready to cook stuff from the eggface site your appetite will be much reduced and you will be a very picky eater and will not be that worried about what to eat. more like "what can I stand to eat" !    Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

AMoody
on 12/25/11 11:19 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
Thank you!  Im now reading Mirandas story on http://www.bigphatadventure.com/2011/10/episode-10-retail-therapy.html...

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

Jenny C.
on 12/25/11 7:24 pm
I remember feeling that way before surgery, too.  I bought protein and vitamins and recommended food supplies.  I researched everything, everywhere.  Oy!  Then I had surgery and at that point, it was one foot in front of the other.  I followed my surgeon's instructions.  I ate the foods and protein, drank lots of water and took the vitamins.  Some things I really hated and had to switch out.  I just threw two bags of protein out that I never used.  The planning that you're doing will come in handy, and once you're there it will be much easier!

VickyBT
on 12/25/11 11:03 pm - MI
It can seem overwhelming in the beginning but doable and by 3 months out things pretty much are back to normal again. You'll be fine...go for it!
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

Happy966
on 12/25/11 11:22 pm

I have to say I agree with Vicky - most things are back to "normal" after 3 months, in the sense that you will be eating regular food and feeling physically tip-top again.  I haven't forgotten I've had surgery yet, but I can see how it could happen...

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 73 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 273 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views