does eating get easier?

roxann
on 12/28/11 11:02 am - chanute, KS
wondering if down the road, eating solids get easier or maybe can consume alittle more.

ruggie
on 12/28/11 11:08 am - Sacramento, CA
Oh yeah, you're still probably inflammed from having your stomach literally cut open and sown and stapled back together.

Takes 3-6 weeks for the inflammation to completely die down.  While inflammed, you will have even less room for food.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/11 11:22 am
Your stomach will fully heal in three to six months or so and you will be able to eat more food and it will not seem like a chore.  It is just harder in the beginning, but be patient, it gets easier.
camietam
on 12/28/11 11:48 am - Ceres , CA
What problems are you having? Vomiting? You are entering your 2nd week so now your on softs. I am on soft foods now and it's a slow process. I had my surgery 11/23 but I have had a lot of complications you can see my blog regarding all my problems, but I am now starting over. YEAH! My doctor said 1/3 cup of food 3 times a day and keep drinking. Today I had a 6oz protein shake, 1 single serving applesauce, Gatorade all day, smoothie, mushed chicken noodle soup. If eating solids are hard keep to softs. It's not a race just remember your stomach is still healing.
Camie

roxann
on 12/28/11 12:23 pm - chanute, KS
im not having any problems. just im adicited to food it seems like, when i get depessed or stressed i just want to eat. im on full liquids but i have tried pudding and yogurt cause i have huge cravings... wondering if anyone has those cravings and what they do?
LollyOlly
on 12/28/11 12:32 pm - NJ
Cravings are tough to beat, but after only 2 1/2 months out, I feel I made a bit of an attitude change.  It's a small change, but now I don't have the urge to fulfill the craving so much.  I think more about menu planning to get my nutrition requirements.  Hopefully, I will have an even stronger resolve to beat food urges further down the road.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views