Acid ingestion from meat?

mil510
on 12/29/11 2:50 pm
I'm just over 8 weeks out and am supposedly allowed to eat virtually anything but of course, supposed to fill up on my protein first, etc.  My problem is meat--any kind of meat really--chicken, turkey, beef...no matter how much I chew (and I really don't eat more than about 2 oz of it at a time) I get terrible acid (I do take a daily acid reducer).  Has anybody else had this problem and how did it resolve (time?)  I guess for now I'm going to stick to Greek yogurt, shakes and cottage cheese, but I'd like to know that I can move on to turkey and chicken...

huggers33
on 12/29/11 6:50 pm - Windsor, Canada
It all depends on your body.  I am 3 and half months out, and still have a hard time digesting meats, especially ground beef.  All you can do is keep trying.  My dietician told me that if I have a problem with a meat one day, wait a week to try again.  For now I stick with shrimp and fish mostly.
After eating a meal with chicken or turkey (this past Christmas), I have a GasX extra Strength strip, and it helps keep the acid down.
Good Luck, and Happy New Year with the new you!
frisco
on 12/29/11 7:14 pm

The PPI acid reducer is most effective about an hour before eating.....you want to shut the pumps down before you eat......

If you eat on the tail end of the effectiveness of your PPI....acid is produced to break down the food.

The process simplified goes like this, the dense protein closes your pyloric valve and holds the food in your sleeve for pre-digestion..... acid is produced to break down the food.

Hope this helps...

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Carmelita
on 12/29/11 10:20 pm - Four Corners, NM
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views