A member of our WLS community has died

southernlady5464
on 1/3/12 8:13 pm
Specualting as to how he passed is totally wrong...

Because of his family's religious beliefs, NO ONE will really know the cause as an autopsy is forbidden. As to his surgery in November, it was to repair a hernia: www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4469397/Multiple-hernia-repair s-tomorrow-11-10-11/#36971298

We will never know and speculating does Yehuda a serious injustice to his memory. I've already lost one young friend far too early (died at 14 because of a brain aneurysm...and ONLY an autopsy will show that)

NO MORE speculating please. Let's just remember that one of our own died...as his family requested, "the family requested that people learn something or do a Mitzvah in memory of Yehuda Aryeh Leib ben Yosef Moshe"

RIP Yehuda.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

tanieanie
on 1/3/12 5:13 am - WI
Very sad,  I will keep him and his family in my thoughts. 

BriarRose
on 1/3/12 5:19 am
Baruch Dayan Haemet.
Blessed is G-d, the Judge of Truth.
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/12 7:13 am
Amen.
O.kay
on 1/3/12 6:07 am - DFW, TX
I admit up front that I wasn't lucky enough to know this fellow, but it sounds like he touched several people on this forum.  No doubt he is deeply loved by family and friends.  Now with that, can't people please just respect his and everyone's else's religious choices and not try to turn this thread into a flame war over religion and trying to argue with other's posts?  There are bound to be lots of other forums where arguments are welcome and encouraged.  How about not turning this forum into one of those?

Regards,
Mel
If God guides you to it, he will guide you through it!

Pkrplyr777
on 1/3/12 7:21 am - CT
My heartfelt condolences.
Donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
AllaP
on 1/3/12 8:04 am - Vaughan, Canada
 Amen.

julesGA
on 1/3/12 9:05 am, edited 1/3/12 10:21 am - Brunswick, GA
How sad to lose a member of the OH community and how awful for his family. 

cpbkmb06
on 1/3/12 10:43 am
VSG on 02/02/12
Thoughts and prayers to this young man's family and friends :(

maryposa
on 1/3/12 11:37 am - Orange County, CA
 Kelly thank you for posting this.  I hadn't seen anything yet and had contiplated doing this myself, glad this is here.  

Yehuda was someone I considered a friend, even though I only met him face to face once with some other WLS friends (he lived in southern california as did I).  We had lots of interesting in depth conversations about nutrition, religion, WLS, etc and it saddens me that he is gone.

He was a very intellectual, interesting young man and I will miss him.
Follow my progress on youtube!
(Lost slowly and painfully from 355 to 275 from 2007-2009, then started gaining again before scheduling surgery!  Best thing I ever did! :D)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 180 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 476 views