TOM sucks

vacationlover
on 1/5/12 9:35 pm
This may become my new monthly post :)

One thing that sucks about being a woman, is that your TOM can mess with your weightloss.  It didn't effect me at first, but as I got farther out, I definitely started noticing a slowdown around that time of the month.

My weightloss has stalled the past several days pre-TOM, but I know that I just need to keep on plan, keep working out, and the scale will start going down again, once my monthly friend has left.

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7

doggz109
on 1/5/12 9:39 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Yeah......screw TOM!  Evil *******
(deactivated member)
on 1/5/12 9:47 pm
"TOM" came to visit me 2 days after surgery and he hasn't left for the past 3 1/2 weeks. :( He was light and now he's heavy. Sheesh. I wonder if that's why my stall is lasting so long. Eek!
tripmom02
on 1/5/12 9:49 pm - NJ
 It very well could be, that first one is horrible b/c of the shock to your system, add the blood thinners and all the fluids they pump into you and it = total suck. I think you might be shocked when TOM walks out the door and you see a huge jump on the scale, that is the way it worked (and still works every month!) for me.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/12 11:03 pm
What's crazy is with my PCOS being so severe, I hadn't seen this asshole for a good 2 years, even being on birth control! NOW all of a sudden he's breaking passed the birth control and wants to visit for almost a month so far? I guess I am kind of happy that I feel like a woman but I'm definitely not happy that people keep associating him with lack of weightloss and I haven't lost anything in 2 freakin weeks. If he doesn't go away I'm going to pull out my own uterus so he has no where to live.
tripmom02
on 1/5/12 11:11 pm - NJ
I know what you mean, my PCOS was horrible, I would go six to nine months and then have to take meds to bring it on and it was always the worst, but now the ******* is like clockwork (even got knocked up when they told me I never would LOL). Call your OB if it goes on much longer, they can give usually prescribe something that will help with the bleeding (slow it down or stop it), and make sure you are taking your iron, it can and will make you anemic. 

It totally sucks being a girl. I have five kids, and I am trying to talk my OB into doing an ablation on me so I can just be done with the whole thing, but she keeps saying I am too young. I am going to hit her partner up at my next visit, see if I can sway him LOL

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/12 1:04 am
How much longer do you think before I should get concerned? Bleh another supplement? I just take the iron in my multi... What did you take to slow yours? I really don't like taking more meds. I literally take 15-20 pills a day (so many issues) and since surgery they have been making me gag because I have to take them a few at a time with less liquid so I have to taste them AND they upset my stomach :( 

Yeah they pretty much said I'd never have babies too. That's part of the reason I had this surgery. I want a husband and some behbehs :) I don't know about 5 though! I'm too lazy for that! Maybe TOM is a good thing then :)
tripmom02
on 1/6/12 2:01 am - NJ
 The last time I had to take something I believe they gave me methergin (sp?), and I think it was two pills taken 24 hours apart. I had crazy cramps for those 24 hours, but then it went to light bleeding and then nothing a few hours after the last pill. I would say if it's still heavy and going by a total of 4 weeks, I would call. The iron in your multi might be enough if you have not had problems with anemia in the past, but if you start to feel weak, drained or get bad dark circles under your eyes you might want to call your surgeon to see if they can do a blood draw so you know just how much "extra" you might need. 

I never planned on five,  I wanted one and I wanted that one to be a girl, ended up with four boys and one girl LOL The universe is totally laughing at me. 

tripmom02
on 1/5/12 9:47 pm - NJ
 Let's kick TOM in the nuts! The no good *******! And I totally know what you are saying, it kills me every month. I used to get a visit every six to nine months before surgery, and now he is here like clockwork every month, it's making me kind of hate being a girl. I have no idea how all you normal girls do it, if I had had to put up with this every month for the last 22 years (yeah, the ***** has been coming since I was 10!) I think I would have had a sex change.

MsMick111
on 1/5/12 10:47 pm - Cleveland, OH
LOL!!
Height 5' 7 1/2"  HW/PRE-OP WEIGHT:244  SW:236  CW:184 GW:162
Month 1 - 26 lbs.          Month 4 - 10 lbs.    Month 7 - ?              Month 10 - ?
Month 2 - 6 lbs.            Month 5 - ?            Month 8 - ?              Month 11 - ?
Month 3 - 9 lbs.            Month 6 - ?            Month 9 - ?              Month 12 - ?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 261 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views