On January 7, 2012 at 6:06 AM Pacific Time, shwag5150 wrote:
Are you Don?
he didn't answer - now did he?

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/12 7:24 am
NO! Sneaky....
califsleevin
on 1/7/12 12:14 am - CA
I gave up trying to correct the vernacular a long time ago (been going to the support group meetings for 8-9 years now, starting with our mutual pre-op work and my wife's post-op period way back when,) but figured that as long as people were getting the idea that their body composition was changing even when their scale weight wasn't, then the bulk of the communication was being done. I've lost very little this past month between the holiday travels, disrupted routines and transition to maintenance mode, but my body comp has continued to move in the right direction, with the body fat % dropping around another 3% or so, (with best fit data averaging - body comp measures are a lot flakier than basic scale weight, but that's not unusual in this world - things that aren't important are very easily and accurately measured, while those that are important aren't so easy.)

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

cpbkmb06
on 1/7/12 12:19 am
VSG on 02/02/12
Last thing I am going to say on this subject..then moving on..is that the posts I WAS talking about -the person was talking about WEIGHT not VOLUME. And I am not grammatically OCD nor do I worry about spelling, or I would be going crazy on this forum. I don't concider myself that petty of a person. l Just pointing out a fact in WEIGHT..NOT VOLUME. Sorry if I struck so many nerves.

doggz109
on 1/7/12 12:21 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Muscle is more dense than fat.  Case closed.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views