Burping, Burping Burping!!!

Blind_Justice1
on 1/6/12 10:00 pm - KY
What am I doing wrong?  I've heard froma friend who had Ren Y that I haven't been sipping right.  Well, how do you sip?  Sounds like a dumb question, but everytime I eat or dring I have alot of burping.  HELP!

I haven't updated my signature...Since my surgery on Dec 21st I have lost 16 pounds.  Is that average?  Since Oct 3rd I have lost 55lbs!

Thanks,

Val

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/6/12 10:10 pm
Burping is pretty normal early out from surgery.  It's your tummy's way of releasing the air you swallow when you eat, drink, talk, etc.  For me, it got better after a few weeks, but I still burp a bit every day.

There's no average weight loss and comparing yourself to others will no doubt leave you feeling uneasy.  THere's always going to be someone who's lost more or less.  It depends on a lot of factors: height, weight, age, sex, metabolism, how much you lost preop, how much you have left to lose, the alignment of the sun and moon, and on and on.  Just keep following your plan and the weight will come off.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Blind_Justice1
on 1/6/12 10:21 pm - KY
I'm in the pureed stage but I haven't gotten much water in but pretty close to all the protein via protein shakes.  Will I start losing more weight once I get to eat real food?  Most days I only get 600 cals a day in the shakes.

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/6/12 10:30 pm
Good for you on protein!  Be sure to get ALL your fluids in.  Dehydration is a real concern early out from surgery.

Once you hit real food, you may actually stall in your weight loss.  It's pretty common.  Read back through the boards and you'll see something called the week three stall or the three week stall.  Don't fret.  It's normal.  The weight loss will pick up again.

I think you're doing fine.  Just drink up!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/12 10:16 pm
Oh my lord I burp all day... and I enjoy every bit of it. It makes me happy. I just burped twice while I typed that actually. And once again while I typed that. :) And I'm almost 4 weeks out already. I feel another burp coming on already. I'm a fast typer too. You're not doing anything wrong. I'm not sure if you can compare RNY (oops burped again) with VSG. Completely different surgeries.

SleevedLife
on 1/7/12 3:22 am
OMG... some of your posts just crack me up!  You're so funny. 

*burp*

Say, that did make me happy!

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

Paul5678
on 1/6/12 10:59 pm - United Kingdom
I'm  2 years out next month.  I still burp when eating - it's great as I'm still restricted and weight stable!
amanda D.
on 1/6/12 11:45 pm - Stayton, OR
Im nearly 4 months out, and burp ALL the time.  As for sipping, your new tummy will tell you when you're doing it wrong, or you have had too much..

Personally, I lose 20# on average a month.

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/12 1:39 am
Burping is just part of the VSG experience! Seriously, I think we all burp during the first months to some extent. I do - especially when I eat. I take the first bite and after I chew and swallow I have little burp. I'm used to it now, but it's getting less and less the farther out I get.

There is no average weight loss, from what I've read. Also, it seems that people who lose a great deal prior to VSG lose a bit more slowly right after surgery than those who haven't lost much yet. Personally, I think your weight loss since surgery is tremendous. It's close to a pound a day. Who could complain about that?
Amy D.
on 1/7/12 2:45 am
 I burp all of the time sense my first day outta surgery!!!  It is quite annoying when being around ppl!  But I have learned to do it quietly!  & still say excuse me! lol 

VSG 11-8-11      HW 327       SW 255   Mo.1-25 lbs  loss  " I think that everything happens to me for a reason. The hard times that I go through build character, making me a much stronger person.?