don't know what to eat

brandifb
on 1/10/12 11:31 am - Houma, LA
Hello everyone I will be 4 months out on 1/20, I live in Louisiana, way down south, I am having trouble with not knowing what to eat, my weight loss has been slow, but I want to lose more, but am having a lot of trouble with not knowing what to eat that's high in protien, i know i'm not getting in enough protien, I like to eat meat, but not big on veggie's, I need so much help so i can get to my goal weight. Can anyone give me a menu of what i should be eating to get in all my protien in in a day.
Thanks for any help.

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/12 11:38 am
Didn't your surgeon's nutritionist give you a list?  FWIW in the post op at my surgeon's office they told us that we would need to have a whey protein shake everyday and then to follow a 3-2-1 pattern when eating, which is to eat 3 bites of protein, then 2 bites of vegetables, then 1 bite of starch if you are having any, then start back at 3 bites of protein again and repeat.  Also are you doing any exercise?  We were told to at least walk 30 minutes every day.

Hope that helps a bit.
Tracasa
on 1/10/12 11:43 am
My advice is to eat fish, chicken, beans, and some veggies have a protein drink if you can`t decide what to eat. Make sure to take vitamins. Have an egg also. Look on this website people have lots of different idea`s for meals. Contact your Dr.`s office they might have a menu you can follow. Good luck!

julesGA
on 1/10/12 11:46 am, edited 1/10/12 11:50 am - Brunswick, GA
ALAN J.
on 1/10/12 9:43 pm
Those are both very helpful, THANKS!  

Highest WGT-295, Surgery WGT-295, Goal WGT-215 - 80LB LOST in 8 months!

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/10/12 9:49 pm
I highly recommend reading a daily thread that's posted here... you'll get lots of menu ideas!  It's called Whatcha Eating Today VSGers?  Usually Ms_Shell or I post it by mid-day.

I eat mostly the following:

protein shakes
eggs in all different forms
chicken
turkey
pork
beef
fish
shrimp
tofu
cheese (be careful due to fat which drives up calories)
nuts (be careful due to fat which drives up calories)
peanut butter (be careful due to carbs & fat)
non-starchy veggies like broccoli, green beans, spinach, cucumbers

I avoid fried versions of these things.  And I add condiments, spices, flavors, seasonings that are low in calories but high in flavor to add variety and keep it interesting.

Good luck!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

mandyc1975
on 1/11/12 7:20 am - Richardson, TX
VSG on 09/20/11 with
Hi. Looks like we have the same surgery date. I hope everything is going good for you.

I have a protein drink every day and a snack that usually consist of 2 crackers with reduced fat peanut butter. Then I eat 3 meals, usually all meat. I eat very little veggies (I do drink V8 every day to supplement the veggies). My favorite meats are ground lean beef, shrimp, salmon, talapia, steak (lean). All of these have pretty high protein. Eggs also have good protein
Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

9/4 (pro op) 299 lbs - 9/20 (surgery day) 285 lbs - 10/4 268 lbs - 11/7 251 lbs- 12/8 239 lbs - 1/9 222 lbs - 2/7 214 lbs - 3/3 202 lbs - 3/19 194 lbs ... 9/20/2012 - 142 lbs
brandifb
on 1/11/12 11:27 am - Houma, LA
Thanks to everyone who commented, everything was very helpful.

RobynNOLA
on 1/19/12 8:36 am - New Orleans, LA
I live in NOLA.
I'd tell you... contact your surgeon and your nutritionist. There's no substitute for that. I was given a huge book of 'what to eat' so that's what I follow primarily.
The benefit? We've got access to a truckload of amazing food. I can easily stick with seafood no matter what. It's high in protein and good for you.
My doc only gave me a few rules: no fried, no simple sugars, no carbonated drinks.
I use myfitnesspal.com to track my food. Tracking may help you, as well.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views