Getting Nervous

ewalch
on 1/12/12 9:54 pm - Oak Park, IL
Ok so I start my clear liquid diet tomorrow 5 days before my surgery and I am starting to get nervous about this.  Any tips on how to get through this?  Maybe it won't be as difficult as I think but what happens if it is worse? 

I know it is the fear talking but I am also wondering if after going through all of this if it will work.  Help calm me down and give me any insight you may have.    Thanks

MargeAD
on 1/12/12 10:49 pm - CA
The first few days are the worst. Just make sure that you get a variety to make it interesting. I found different broths at the health food store that were tasty & enjoyable. Also, I used additives to the broth like lemon etc to change up the taste. Good luck!

NewStart145
on 1/13/12 2:23 am - GA
Being fearful is normal.  My advice is to remember the reason you decided to choose the sleeve in the first place and being certain that you tried everything else - this will help you through the anxiety.  I also asked myself what else could I try within my reach and I couldn't come up with anything else - this helped me to be certain of my choice.
I'm 5'4 - HW = 289;  SW = 270 (pre=op); CW= 252; GW = 145           
ewalch
on 1/13/12 7:19 am - Oak Park, IL
Thanks ladies.  I appreciate your tips.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 285 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views