Bye to Everyone Here

OldMedic
on 1/14/12 6:23 am - Alvaton, KY
Well, it is long past time I move on.    I have monitored this forum for the past few months, and it's just the same stuff over and over and over again.

I put in over 3 years here, it's time to move on with life.

I am still maintaining my wiehgt loss, by follow the simple program of weighing myself each and every Saturday morning.  If I regain 5 pounds from my base weight of 170 pounds, then I go back on program and get back down again.  5 pounds is easy to get off, 20-30 or more would not be.

I still walk my 3 miles at a time, 3 days a week.  If it is too cold, or too wet, I walk on the treadmill.

There is NO magic to weight loss.  The sleeve is a tool to help, but we all still have to do our part.  If we don't, then we will fail.  It really is that simple.

YES, you still have to watch what you eat.

YES, you still have to exercise moderately.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF.  IF YOU REGAIN, IT IS NOBODY'S FAULT BUT YOURS. 

You control what you put into your mouth, nobody forces you to eat.

It is 100% in YOUR control.

I wish everyone the best.

Medic Bill

A former Army Medic (1959-1969), Registered Nurse (1969-2000), College Instructor (1984-1989) and a retired Rehabilitation Counselor.  I am also a dual citizen of the USA and Canada.

High Weight 412 lbs.                    Date of Surgery 360.5                                 Present  170 lbs   

tanieanie
on 1/14/12 6:27 am - WI
I wish you well and will miss your frank advice,  Thanks for everything and I wish you all the best in everything you do!  

Tanya

newme2011-2012
on 1/14/12 6:28 am
We'll miss you!! Thanks for all your informative posts to all us newbies!!
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

kimbethin
on 1/14/12 6:30 am - CA
Thanks for all of your great posts and all of the best to you.  Happy healthy future!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
onemoretry
on 1/14/12 6:33 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
WOW! I hate that you are leaving before I get a chance to have my surgery. I love reading your post. I hope you don't stay away too long, please don't deactivate your account. At least that way, people can still read all the great advice you have given. Wishing you continued success.
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

smbergie200
on 1/14/12 6:46 am - Naples, FL
Thanks for your past posts and wish you well.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

Faye56
on 1/14/12 7:13 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
Thanks for sharing all of your knowledge with us! Best wishes for your future.

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/12 7:14 am
Good luck! I have always enjoyed and found value in your frank and direct posts. I'll miss your posts.
kimberleyann
on 1/14/12 7:18 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
Congrats, and continued good health! Your posts have been inspirational.

frisco
on 1/14/12 7:36 am

"Old Medic has left the building"

Me and OM went at it a few times...... At the end... I got nothing but respect for the guy....

He did it....and maintains..... can never argue with success !!!....that's the whole point of this......

Best to yah!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views