A little something to add to my 2 year update

Heather D.
on 1/16/12 5:55 am - Austin, TX
I posted back in October about the past two years since my VSG. I've lost 140-something lbs and kept it off, no problem. But what I didn't know at the time of my update was that I was ever so slightly pregnant! I found out on 11/11/11 and I'm now 15 weeks along - due July 10. Exciting stuff!

Before my wls, I had very irregular periods. I had a miscarriage in 1999 and since then never even had a close call (that I knew of). I was never diagnosed with PCOS or anything, but I wondered if that was the case. One of the main hopes with surgery was that it would help me get pregnant. Mission accomplished, apparently! 

I haven't visited the boards here in awhile, but I just wanted to share the news. I know a lot of people are in the same boat I was - trying to get pregnant, wondering if it will ever happen, etc.. My midwife is confident I'll have a perfectly normal pregnancy. She's only worked with one other lady who had wls (I don't know what surgery she had) but she had no problems. I haven't really gained any weight and I'm wondering if I will, but I'm not stressed about it either way. I still have some body fat to spare, so I should be fine.

So yeah. Baby!

Mini.me
on 1/16/12 5:59 am
Congratulations!!!!!  Here's to a healthy you and new baby!!!!

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

Heather D.
on 1/16/12 6:02 am - Austin, TX
Thank you!

jacreasy
on 1/16/12 6:04 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 Congrats!! 

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

Faye56
on 1/16/12 6:39 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
That is awesome news!! Congratulations

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

onemoretry
on 1/16/12 6:39 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Congrats to you! Children are such a blessing...
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/16/12 6:41 am
Congrats!  "Mission accomplished"... I love it!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

suitebliss
on 1/16/12 7:00 am - Southfield, MI
VSG on 03/01/12
Congrats, what an accomphishment
jessicae
on 1/16/12 7:03 am
How exciting!  Congratulations!  That's actually one of the major reasons I decided to go ahead and have WLS.  we tried for a year on our own and a year and a half with fertility treatments.  it wasn't until i went for a second opinion did the dr. have a serious conversation about how pregnancy rates drop for people with a BMI over 40.  that was really scary and awakened my denial.  i'm hoping to be at my goal/maintenance by a year post op and be given the go ahead to start trying again.  stories like yours make me feel positive that it will happen.  thank you. 

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

Heather D.
on 1/16/12 8:58 am - Austin, TX
Thank you... and stay positive! Good luck with your weight loss!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views