My 6 month Update! with pics

ThinByThirty
on 1/22/12 12:48 pm - NY
Hi

I don't post here a lot but I always come here for support or questions since my surgery and I used to love looking at the before and after pictures so I figured I would update.

I have never been happier, despite all of life's challenges (my grandmother is dying, being in medical school, etc) I can proudly say that nothing is really wrong.  Changing my relationship with food has dramatically changed the way I live.  I feel blessed and priviledged to have gotten this surgery, it was the best thing I ever did for myself.

I am realy happy at the place I have reached.  I am down 87 lbs from my highest and I feel great, I go to the gym every day and I can just move and function so much better.  I had tried everything to lose weight, EVERYTHING.  I am going to be a doctor in a few years for god's sake and I still couldn't get my act together to lose the weight an keep it off, despite being intimately aware of what I was doing to myself.  I needed the surgery to help me break the cycle, and all of the other work, both psychological and spiritual, has left me in a great place!

I am going to be 30 on March 3 and I wanted to change my life by then.  I have already arrived at that place, I have no regrets and I am truly happy.  I am 214 now and aiming to be 190 by my birthday, but if it doesn't happen I don't care, because I have gained something so much more substantial than weight loss, I got a life!

I have lost slower than some because I DO NOT restrict myself.  Most days I want to eat healthy but some days I want pizza, chips, etc, and I let myself have it.  I never feel deprived and I enjoy food more.  So not everything is always perfect, I am not great about my vitamins and I am losing hair like crazy, I have so much skin plastics is most definitely in my future, and my initial recovery was 4 weeks long (I had more pain than the average person).  But it is all ok and worth it to have a group of 22 year old guys tell me I was the hot last night ;)

On to the pictures

here is me around 285 (that girl does not exist anymore)

And at 4 months out

and 5 months

and 6 months

superchickk51
on 1/22/12 1:15 pm
 Congrats, you look HOTT!!! keep up the good work.

VeronicaJ5
on 1/22/12 1:27 pm - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
Awesome job!
PokeyMom
on 1/22/12 1:53 pm - Magalia, CA
Great job you!!!  You look beautiful, and you must be very proud of yourself.
I am a strong and competent woman, and I matter!

kwiegs3856
on 1/22/12 3:09 pm - PA
VSG on 01/05/12
 Great job!  Be proud!

nana S.
on 1/22/12 9:59 pm - MI
You look amazing !!! Good Job keep up the good work

felicity2u
on 1/23/12 12:50 am - LA
Wow you look amazing in such that short period of time. Congrats on all your success and keep up the great work!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

ready2sleeve
on 1/23/12 1:25 am - CA
Congratulations future M.D.

Keep up the good work I turned 30 last month and this has been one of the best decisions I have made as well.

Pre-op: 320, SW: 298, CW 194,  Doctors goal 180,  My GW 160   
Crunchy As Can Be
on 1/23/12 5:55 am - NY
You look AMAZING and I am so pleased to know that you feel great, too!

A totally different lady from the one I met at the diner last spring/summer when you were still deciding whether or not to go for it.

Yay!
 ~~Emily~~

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views