What all pre-op tests did your surgeon have you do?

krista A.
on 2/2/12 11:42 am - TN
I've met all my ins. criteria just waiting on the approval call. Just wondering besides seeing a NUT what all pre-op stuff they have you do before you can have surgery? Thanks
moonglo82
on 2/2/12 12:08 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Each doctor's requirements are a little different, but my husband's dr required a sleep study, psychiatric eval, cardiologist, upper GI, and two support group sessions.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

A H.
on 2/2/12 12:10 pm
Revision on 02/09/12
I am a revision and had a upper GI and endoscopy in the fall leading up to my revision. To prep for surgery I had to do a full panel of bloodwork/labs (about 12 vials), 24 hour urine, EKG, spirometry, upper chest x ray, and abdominal ultrasound. My surgeon is very thorough and doesn't want any surprises going into surgery.

Band (09/07) removed, revised to sleeve 2/9/12.

Barbara W.
on 2/2/12 3:07 pm - Upland, CA
VSG on 05/23/12
My doctor required a chest X-ray, ekg, blood tests, fecal test,  psychological eval, nutritionist , doing a 1,200 calorie a day diet, and. exercise at least 3 days a week.
My understanding is also just before surgery we will again be required to do another
order of blood tests and fecal test, and then be cleared for surgery by our primary care
physician.  If the surgeon wants additional tests they will be ordered when we meet
with him just before the actual surgery. 

doggz109
on 2/2/12 3:23 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Chest x ray, blood tests, EKG.  That's it.  I'm 33, male......no history of sleep apnea and only real health issues were gout/HBP.
getmylifeback12
on 2/2/12 7:15 pm - NY
Let me see....Chest Xray, blood work, sleep study, pulmonary function test, EKG, psych. eval, Phys. Therapist, Nutritionist, Multiple group meetings regarding Pre-op, Post-op, preparing for surgery, what to expect in the hospital on the day of and days following surgery etc. I also had to take a test to make sure I fully understood the surgery and what to expect afterwards. I also had to sign an agreement promising to follow guidelines and make sure I allend all my post op appts. I feel like they did their part to make sure I was prepared for every aspect of this surgery.
Now, it's up to me...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views