Ok poopie topic here

tazman74
on 2/3/12 7:30 am - lakeville, MN
VSG on 01/31/12
I am having some post op issues any ideas? I am ok with gas but I cant "toot" its all loose. I know liquid in liquid out but wow. any ideas ? I tell ya my insides are gurggling and moving but having a very hard time getting anything out I don't want to strain to hard/at all. I don't want to hurt anything in there.

any help would be welcome.
happyteacher
on 2/3/12 7:43 am
 Don't strain.  The gurgling is very normal and will last maybe 2 weeks.  If by day 3 if you are still not "productive" check with the doc to see if Miralax or colace is ok.  I could swallow the collace, but the miralax completely dissolves in liquid.  That should help get things moving.  Remember that you will not have as much because now you are eating tiny amounts.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

kam0520
on 2/3/12 7:51 am - AL
I feel like if I could just let one big, long "toot" go, the world would be a better place, but it's just not happening.  My stomach is still swollen and seems to poke out farther than pre surgery.  I am on colace and have been since day one, but I've only actually gone to the doc and had a movement every other day.  

Mine are gurgling something awful too.  Thunder belly or fireworks tummy that's what my husband and I keep calling it, it's so loud!  I have tried just "sitting on the throne" to see if somehow I might can trick it out or something and it doesn't work.   I have asked my mom to get some gas-x strips, I'm ready to try that.  If you find something that works, let me know!
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
nsblue
on 2/3/12 7:57 am - Brookfield. NS, Canada
I was on liquids for 4 weeks and went every other day no prob..once i started soft food things ceased up... i had to go on 2 colace and 2 senekot with S in the morning and night... use milk of magnesia  too...but the most helpful was increasing my fruit and warmin it as well as takin prune juice.... i go every day now...have for the last week n a half...but i am at 8 weeks now eating regular food.

jule R.
on 2/3/12 8:04 am
VSG on 01/31/12 with
I am about 3 days out and just started full liquids. I feel that gurrgling too and felt that it was the need to poop but it was only gas. Only today (3rd day out from surgery) I passed a bowel movement and it was all water. I think its the fear of pushing that stopped me the times I tried before but now I just sit there for a while and finally something happens. I guess just don't ru****

Tenacious88
on 2/3/12 8:55 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14
Hi: tazman  
                Congrats on your surgery, glad to hear you're ok. The other issues will work themselves out shortly. The gas and potty situation is something that is expected after surgery. Try to take products that can help you go, if they don't help, you should ask your doctor what you can do.
I pray that you get over this quickly.

Godspeed my friend.

PS: Please keep me posted.

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

tazman74
on 2/3/12 9:53 am - lakeville, MN
VSG on 01/31/12
Thank you all for the advice I will check into it when I go in on the 7th for the followup.
italiana1980
on 2/3/12 11:52 am - kenilworth, NJ
VSG on 01/25/12
 i didnt use it yet but my surgeon made me buy some milk of magnesia prior to use after if i had probs the first few days nothing happened but i on the 4th day after i had "movements" lol this happened for a couple days then i didnt have any now today i did and it was normal today its been a week and a day after my wls. 

italiana1980
on 2/3/12 11:56 am - kenilworth, NJ
VSG on 01/25/12
 also i find out the more water i consume the easier the bathroom is so you might not be getting enough water down. my first 2 days i didnt have any water just iv because they didnt go the uppper GI till the day after so they didnt want to risk me drinking. once i had the h20 it seemed like it got things moving lol 

countrytat
on 2/3/12 8:30 pm - OH
VSG on 01/31/12
Hey Tazman,  

I had surgery same day as you. I also had my gallbladder taken out, but I have had liquid bowel movement about 3 times  aday since surgery.....unfortunatly now I cannot trust a fart! :(....Hope you can go soon!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views