I'm Sleeved! I'm sleeved!!

goingforit1
on 2/5/12 12:40 am
VSG on 02/04/12 with
Well, I never got nervous at all, went right on back and woke up feeling so loopy from the meds.  It was a very rough day due to nausea from the pain meds...by around midnight I asked them to stop the pain medication thinking it would stop the throwing up and it worked.  Haven't been sick since and yes I'm sore but I'll take that over that "head in the clouds" and heaving stuff. (I'm VERY sensitive to narcotics so this likely doesn't happen to most ppl)

Anyway, Dr Alvarez is wonderful and when I woke up he told me that my liver was so small (YAY for following my liquid diet so well-no cheating at all!) that I didn't need the fifth incision  for the liver retractor up at the bra line! Good thing cuz this lady needs to be wearing a bra!  I'm so pleased about this part!

I'm now on ice chips and walking the halls and feel pretty darn good, if not just a bit tired. But that's to be expected, especially since nurses come in every 30 min all night long.

I lost 11 lbs pre-op but can't wait for the rest to start coming off!! Make room on the losers bench for me folks!!
tazman74
on 2/5/12 12:51 am - lakeville, MN
VSG on 01/31/12
Let me be the first to say congrats and welcome to the loosers bench. I hope all goes well for you and I hope you have no sore throat like I am suffering from 3 days post op and it just started. But with that said I would do it all over agian in a second.
nandmsmom
on 2/5/12 12:59 am - Bridgewater, MA
VSG on 01/10/12
I have the same iss ue with narcotics.  My only pain was from my back ( I have previous back issues).  Once they stopped the narcotics and gave me some IV NSAIDS, I was perfect.  Congrats!!

HW 290   SW 272  CW  234
ND2BTHN
on 2/5/12 1:12 am - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 Congrats!! Glad to hear all went well, and you are not experiencing the gas pain. Nice to hear you managed to skip the fifth incision. I must say, I didn't miss my bra for 2 weeks though, since I was covered up in comfy sweat tops but if it was summer, that would have been a whole different issue!

Have a safe trip back home, and we are shining up your spot on the bench.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
LaughingCow
on 2/5/12 1:24 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
I vomited post op too and it was sooo miserable. I'm glad you knew how to resolve it quickly. Mine cleared up the next day. Now I'm just sipping and sipping and sipping.
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
Nevada-Fluffy
on 2/5/12 2:02 am - Henderson, NV
Congrats on getting that behind you!!  Heal quickly and have a wonderful 'ride'!
cpbkmb06
on 2/5/12 5:09 am
VSG on 02/02/12
I too had vomiting and exteme nausea:( They tried to give me liquid pain meds..they came back up within seconds. That was terrible, but has since went away. My only pain comes from the drain:( I also am not experiencing the gas pain or the sore throat:) I am pleased about that! Best of luck to you on your new life and I look forward to seeing your progress!

jessicae
on 2/5/12 5:41 am
congratulations!  you sound like you're doing wonderfully! 

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 64 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views