How are my December Sleevers doing???

BigKev78
on 2/17/12 3:13 am - Lilburn, GA
 Sleeved on 12/20/11 and I am down 46 pounds.   I will be happy to be down an even 50 pounds at 2 month.  I have noticed that weightloss has slowed down a bit in the last month so I guess I need to pick things up in my workouts a bit more.  

Big Kev   My video Blog: http://www.youtube.com/user/ckb1978?feature=mhee

TonyEldridge
on 2/17/12 4:25 am - Forney, TX
VSG on 12/28/11 with
 I was sleeved on 12/28. I'm down about 63 pounds now. I walk 4 miles a day/6 days a week at a 4mph pace. I also work out with weights. I'm sure it's the exercise that helps me to continue to shed inches even when the weight is stalling. Being sleeved is the best health decision I've made. 

Tina C.
on 2/17/12 4:42 am - Stacy, MN
I was sleeved on 12/14/11 and I am down 50 lbs!  It is coming off slower now but I am feeling good and walking quite often.  I do need to pu**** a little and do some weight training and walk more.  Keep up the great work and good luck to you.

PaulaToronto
on 2/17/12 5:01 am - Toronto, Canada
Sleeved 12/6 and down 47 pounds including pre-op.  Very happy with my progress as I am diabetic and have thyroid issues.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Shea_G
on 2/17/12 5:04 am - KY
I was sleeved December 15th. My highest was 282. I'm down 38 pounds as of this morning. I seem to lose more when I do high calores for a few days then go back to normal.
SFChorus
on 2/17/12 5:21 am - CA
I was sleeved on 12/15 and am down 31 lbs (including pre-op). This means I've lost 48% of my excess weight (I'm a liteweight).  Unfortunately,  my weight loss has absolutely stalled out since I started working with a trainer.  My calories, protein, water and vitamins are where they should be (600 cals, 60-70 protein, 64 water, etc). Not sure whether to ditch the trainer or push through.... I don't want to lose out on the VSG  "honeymoon period," you know.   If anyone has any thoughts on the matter, I'd love to hear them...

Fiona
Otterwench
on 2/17/12 6:07 am - Camano Island, WA
I was sleeved on 12/1/2011 and have lost 52 pounds overall, 32 since surgery.  For some reason the loss just quit happenin' about a month ago.  It's painfully slow now.  Nothing in the last two weeks, which is very discouraging indeed!  I'm still on plan, not cheating, exercising daily, and drinking lots of water.  Don't know why I can't seem to break out of this, but it's definitely a bummer.  I try really hard not to let it get me down, but the longer it goes on, the more discouraged I get.  Oh well.  It has to go eventually -- I'm only eating between 500-800 calories a day, so eventually it HAS to go, right?  *sigh*

Congrats to all the rest of you December sleevers....y'all seem to be doing much better than I am!

~Sandi

HW:  275   Initial Weight:  264  SW: 245  CW: 138  GW:  140
Pre-op:  -19  Mo 1:  -21  Mo 2:  -8  Mo 3:  -11  Mo 4: -7 so  Mo 5: -8  Mo 6:  -10   Mo 7:  -9  Mo 8:  -8   Mo 9:  -7  Mo 10: -10  Mo 11: -2  Mo 12: -6 so far

BigKev78
on 2/17/12 6:16 am - Lilburn, GA
I have my moments where I feel like I am failing. I think I am falling into the 10-15 pound a month club. I am not super careful with what I cook, so I know it's not all the greatest foods, but I still usually stay right around 800 calories a day. I just need to push myself to work out more. Gotta start running to get trained for the Warrior Dash in May. I will say that I feel better than I have felt in years.
rdeason87144
on 2/17/12 6:44 am - Rio Rancho, NM
I was sleeved on 12/27/11. So far I am down 53ish pounds...I include my weight from when I started the whole surgery process. I have my moments when I stop and think to myself, "why oh why did you do this to yourself??" But that is mainly when I'm staring down a nice piece of chicken or something else I know I won't be able eat much of. Thankfully my husband and my family and friends have been super supportive and helpful to remind me that this decision was for a very good reason and in the end I will be so much healthier and happier for it.

I am looking forward to summer when I will hopefully be able to wear some smaller and cuter clothes!

Keep up the great work everyone!
Rebecca

VeronicaJ5
on 2/17/12 6:48 am - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
12/12.here down 46 pounds since the beginning of december. Getting back on track and trying to find energy to work out!
Most Active