Bad habits rearing thier ugly ugly head

Crystal C.
on 2/23/12 9:13 pm - Bartlesville, OK
Ok my OH fam....Confession time, I was cleared for coffee 2 weeks ago...I have since ( in my fit of brilliance) desided that french vanilla Cappachino is the same as coffee....UUUGGGG.  Its not by the way, totally blows my calorie count, sugar/carb count and its not good on my new tummy.  My shrink has made it very clear that these old habits of mine are "self Sabatoge" tendencies and I have to start seeing "ME" as someone different than before WLS. 

I am the type of person that once I am cleared for something, I have to go overboard and that gets me in so much trouble.....so I have descided that today is the new me....NO MORE hurting my progress and I am going to work with my progress...does that even make sense....oh well

HERE"S TO A NEW DAY!!!!

Forgive Yesterday...Embrace Today....Live for Tomorrow        
Shagdoll
on 2/23/12 9:19 pm
Good attitude gurl! We are all a work in progress. Today is a new day. We all have to dust ourselves off again from time to time. Good luck with everything!
Crystal C.
on 2/24/12 2:43 am - Bartlesville, OK
thanks!

Takin it one day at a time...that should be a sappy country song...lol

Forgive Yesterday...Embrace Today....Live for Tomorrow        
mama2girls
on 2/23/12 9:21 pm
You can do it! Clear out the cabinets

HW:409  SW:328 CW:185-190 GW: 190, lowest wt:165;

GS Surgery date 8/9/11

Body by Sauceda born 12/9/16

"I'm working on myself, for myself, by myself"

debk21
on 2/23/12 9:36 pm - Mansfield, TX
Wouldn't it be nice if they could fix our heads along with our tummies?  I know what you mean about the bad habits.  They do die hard, but if you are persistent and consistent, you can lick 'em (pun intended lol).  The trick is to form new habits, ones that are good for you.  If you do the sweet thing, I find that you just crave more sweets and that is a vicious cycle.  I try to avoid them at all costs or they suck me in.  Keep your food log and that will help you if you know you have to log it.  My Catholic guilt will keep me from putting it in my mouth if I know that it must be logged.  You'll also find out what those triggers are along your journey and it sounds like you've found one for you.  Just keep it out of the house and know that this is something that does not help you.  Keep up the good attitude and keep your eye open for those stumbling blocks.

(((Hugs!))) for your new day!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

katier825
on 2/24/12 1:58 am
There is a Hills Bros. French vanilla cappuccino that has splenda. It is about 8 carbs. It is a nice treat and change from coffee or tea.
GreenGardener
on 2/24/12 2:17 am
VSG on 06/02/09 with
 Try the coffee flavored syntrax nector - it's a good substitute and only 25 cals I think. 
 SD:  6/09; HW:  263;  LW:  143; CW:  155; 5'5"; 62 yo
Happy966
on 2/24/12 2:37 am

I have decided my way into some equally poor choices, proving once again that "my best thinking got me here." 

I had this really amazing breakthrough about sugar, many years ago.  I was able to really "get" that is was like crack for me, and something in my whole attitude and outlook on food changed.  I was able to put it down.  I had a major relapse in the 1990s, and being off the sugar didn't solve all my problems with food and weight, but it solved one that would have killed me otherwise.

Some people are able to moderate their intake of sugar.  I *cannot*.  I have accepted this down to the core of my being, and avoid them at all costs.  I do not feel deprived.  I feel liberated from letting sugar drag me around by my hair.

I'm putting this out there because sometimes well-meaning people encourage me to try to learn to eat just a little sugar, thinking I could find a happy medium between the occasional treat and self-sabotage.  I cannot, and not everybody can.  So it's worth paying attention to.  The only way for some of us not to sabotage ourselves with sweets is to just say NO to "recreational sugar."

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Most Active