sLeEevErS pLeAsSsSeEeE hELPPP!!!

bbypdog
on 2/26/12 9:51 am - los angeles, CA
VSG on 03/08/12
OmG iim scheduled for surgery on march 8th 2012 with dr.ramos kelly!!
thiis is just happening soooo fast!!!
i have no idea what i have to do?? what i have to buy??
iim just sitting here waiting for the dayy...
im 5'4 and im about 235punds,
im just wondering if iima dye beiing only 19yrs old??? 
ohhh please somebody in my situation PLEASE comment with some of your stories or some good tiips or some words of advice....

ii just wanna go to sleep and wake up 6 days post op... :(

please somebody, what do i have to buy ,
what do u recomend for my pre op diet...

ive been researching this procedure for 7 months now,
never thought the surgery date would be 2 weeks away..
THE LONGEST TWO WEEKS OF MY LIFE!!!!
Jaybee766
on 2/26/12 9:55 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with

You are NOT alone.  Plenty of advice on these forums from people who have many years post op experience.  Search through the pages and also check out your local page!  Hang in there.

Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

bbypdog
on 2/26/12 9:57 am - los angeles, CA
VSG on 03/08/12
THANKKK UU,
HOW DO I CHECK MY LOCAL PAGE??
dec721
on 2/26/12 10:08 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
First of all, take a deep breath and calm down :-)  You will be just fine.  We have all gone through it and are healthier because of it.

I wish to goodness I had taken care of my weight problem when I was way younger and before I absolutely ruined my body with 30 years of morbid obesity.  You are saving yourself years of misery and are adding years to your lifespan.  

The best thing you can do for yourself now is to read every single post here every day.  Then you will have no surprises.  Also, this very moment, stop eating sugar and simple carbs (bread, cakes, cookies, etc), and don't take another swallow of soda of any kind.  Drink water until it comes out your ears.  Stop caffeine, because it will not be good for you for a while post-op.  If you do these things NOW (and it will not be easy), you will have a much easier time fighting the cravings post-op.

Don't buy a lot of stuff, because your tastes may change post-op.  A few things to have on hand are some good broth (chicken, beef, vegetable, etc., and get the boxes of organic; canned broth is nasty), some ready-made protein shakes (I liked Atkins and EAS, as well as the *low carb* Slimfast), some sugar free drink mixes such as Crystal Light, some sugar free jello, and some sugar free popsicles.  That will get you throught the first week.  Your surgeon should give you a very detailed list of exactly what he wants to drink / eat for the first month.  If he doesn't, ask for one!  And follow his guidelines to the letter.  It will make the difference in your recovery, your health, and your success.

Best wishes on your journey :-)
--Dorothy 

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

AmberK
on 2/26/12 10:43 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Hello! I am having my sleeve on march 7th! I ordered protein samples from three different companies so I will have plenty to try after surgery, then order the ones I really like. I ordered from Unjury, Syntax, and Bariatric Advantage!
Also, for my pre-op diet, I am to be on a 1200 calories or less per day. i have been on it since last Wednesday and have gone over on my calories a couple of those days! That dang sugar gets me! good luck to you, and you will be fine! 
Pura Vida
on 2/26/12 10:59 am - Costa Rica
Sweetie,

Take a breath, I know you are scared, but as you will read here, you are gonna be just fine. And you know what else?? in about 7 months you are going to weigh about 150lbs or less.

Good for you doing this while you are young. If there is any regret on this board, it is people saying they wish they had done it sooner.

Good Luck

Heather

moonglo82
on 2/26/12 11:07 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Girl, I am right there with ya! I am so eager to get this done, and yet at the same time I am extremely scared. Like you, I just want to wake up and have it already done.

The thing is, the doctors who do these, do them every day. My husband had his done 14 months ago, and he said the same thing that Pura Vida said: he wished he did this sooner.

You and I are both going to be just fine. We just need to make sure and follow our doctors' instructions and listen to the wisdom of the vets here, and we will be off to a great start.

I wish mine was in two weeks... I have to wait until the end of March. :/

Keep us posted!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Georgie Mayhem
on 2/26/12 11:34 am - New Zealand
I think we've all been in the 'Scared ****less' catergory
However guess what, we dont
Satistically speaking the mortality rate is 1 in 200 and the people who do regrettably pass away are the sameones with ALOT of health problems!
I also resaerch this site for 4 months before I recently had my surgey, it helped educate me from other peoples experiences, not just the health professionals points of veiws wich I found invaluable.
Dont buy too much as your taste really do change!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views