what the heck is going on with my tongue?"

AMoody
on 3/1/12 8:58 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
Ok, my tongue is white on top, what the heck is that??? Doenst hurt or anything, but some of the larger groups for better lack of term is bugging me cuz I can feel them..thoughts anyone?? 

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

emelar
on 3/1/12 9:01 am - TX
Thrush.  Call you doc to get meds for it.
Ms. Poker Face
on 3/1/12 9:02 am
Yes, possibly Thrush as emelar mentions.  Or just icky build up from protein shakes.  Best bet it to see your doc and find out what they recommend.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Greg M.
on 3/1/12 9:12 am - Cincinnati, OH

You have a Thrush infection.  Nystatin swish and swallow will take care of it.  Call the doc right first thing in the morning.  This infection can go all the way through your digestive tract if left untreated.

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/12 9:36 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 05/04/12 with
White on your tongue is not necessarily Thrush. As a PA we see people that are dieting with white tongue all the time. I would go see the doc but I would also tell you to invest in a tongue scrapper. This is a very common effect when dieting.
comeundone
on 3/1/12 10:09 am - OH
protein tongue it looks like thrush but is harmless. 
HW 289  SW 242

goingforit1
on 3/1/12 12:14 pm
VSG on 02/04/12 with
I would assume thrush too...but after reading the responses I have another question: What is it about protein diets that cause the tongue to get white? May need to start googling this. Inquiring minds want to know! (mine!)
Gramgal
on 3/1/12 12:27 pm
FYI on the topic of Thrush.  I got it 2 weeks out. Turns out it was from my asthma medicine. Flovent inhaler.  My compromised immune system allowed for it.  I stopped meds for 1 week.  Swished like crazy with peroxide based mouth wash and saw doctor, of course.  I have resumed meds at half dose and continue to rinse with water then Swish with mouthwash and finally brush my teeth.  Knock on wood, it has not returned.  It can't hurt to scrape it off and swish with peroxide & water, but see your doctor.  Oh and I also ate a little probiotic yogurt. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views