Feeling empty/hungry and naseaus in the morning?

countrytat
on 3/4/12 10:33 pm - OH
VSG on 01/31/12
Most mornings I wake up feeling empty/hungry and a touch naseaus. I make a glass of hot tea and drink that with my vitamins and PPI. I usually feel alittle bit naseaus too. Is this from lack of food? After I drink about 8 oz, I make something to eat. Sometimes I dont feel like even eating, if when I know it usually will make me feel better.

Also, I get alot of gas, usually belching when eating and drinking.... ALL THE TIME!..... Sometimes if I wait to long I will get gas in my belly and usually comes out the other end! lol....and then I feel bloated. Anyone else get these feelings?

debk21
on 3/4/12 10:37 pm - Mansfield, TX
How far out from surgery are you?  That may help us know what to tell you.  Some of these issues get better as you get further out.  I don't take my vitamins until after I eat at least one meal.  They don't seem to bother me as much then, you may try that.

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

countrytat
on 3/4/12 10:53 pm - OH
VSG on 01/31/12
Tomorrow I will be 5 weeks out. When I drink in the am, I take my PPI and usually my iron pill, but I feel icky before I do this, and as I drink the water sometimes.

debk21
on 3/4/12 11:42 pm - Mansfield, TX
You are still really early out.  I was empty/hungry alot those first few weeks too, cuz I was still doing liquids and they go right through.  Also, because of the swelling, you can't take in very much so that contributes to the empty feeling.  When you get to more solid foods, you'll be full longer.  I would recommend that you take your vitamins after at least one meal as I said before.  Some of this will resolve itself as you move farther away from the surgery.  The belching will also lessen and bathroom emergencies will also come to an end (HA!)...

Keep on plan and these things will get better...just give it a little more time...

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

countrytat
on 3/5/12 12:56 am - OH
VSG on 01/31/12
I already eat real food....I have been on mushies the past  3 weeks and am now on full foods, so its not that..... previously to surgery I belched alot too.... now its a little worse ....I dont mind the belching, but the gas in my stomach I dont like.

kangiea
on 3/5/12 1:10 am - TX
 I used to get really gassy and I always felt nauseous, it kept getting worse and worse then I found out that part of it was my gall bladder going bad. Now I have my gallbladder out and feel almost completely normal again finally!! You might want to get your gallbladder checked its fairly common for it to stop working as well when you have wls. 
countrytat
on 3/5/12 1:28 am - OH
VSG on 01/31/12
I had my gallbladder taken out same time as VSG so I know it wasnt that ...it was full of stones too!.....I think sometimes its because its empty and I hate that hurt/gassy/naseaus feeling.

hollykim
on 3/5/12 2:39 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I would suggest you take the PPI alone with the tea. Then take the iron with your first meal. iron is notorious for causing nausea.

Another thought...are you getting 64 ounces of liquid a day? dehydration can also cause nausea.

You might also need a larger dose of PPI,a different PPI or need to take it twice a day instead of once. Hope this helps

Could_It_Be
on 3/5/12 7:06 am
 try switching your PPI to before bed

VSG on 6/22/11
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views