Julian Bakery/ Miracle Noodles/ Zero Cookies

asweetiepye
on 3/7/12 3:01 am
I read a lot of posts from people on here who love the breads by the Julian Bakery line. Has anyone tried the miracle noodles or zero cookies? If so what are your thoughts on them?

Andrea- HT- 5' 7" HW-286 SW-265  CW-153.6
Cindy22706
on 3/7/12 3:27 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
I tried miracle noodle a while back, and couldnt get past the texture. I would like to try them again. They are mainly fiber, and they put my mom in the bathroom all night (it was super funny..lol) She wont touch them ever again! Never heard of zero cookies, but a customer at work buys Julian Bakery bread all the time and loves it.

asweetiepye
on 3/7/12 3:50 am
Thanks for your reply. How big was the serving in the package? I mean do you feel it was only enough for an individual or enough for 2,etc?

Cindy22706
on 3/7/12 4:01 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12

I dont remember, but they were big packs.

Margo N.
on 3/7/12 4:30 am
I like the bread and found in my earlier post-op period that 1/2 slice was usually enough to fill me up. It tastes way better than most low carb breads - just like a very hearty whole grain loaf.

I like the noodles a lot and use them in any dish where I might be inclined to use Asian style noodles. The only thing is, and this can be a good thing or a bad thing, they are VERY filling - the packages are small and I can't even eat a half pack. This is good for satiety, but it also makes it difficult to eat the amount of protein that I am aiming for sometimes. Since they don't need to be cooked, I just rinse a small amount and add to my stir-fry, Vietnamese style vermicelli salad, soupe or whatever. Rinse them very well, and sometimes I even bring them to a quick boil in salted water - they don't have a lot of flavour, but neither do most noodles, and I do enjoy slurping them up!

Never tried the cookies, but do check what sweetener is used. Maltitol is used in a lot of SF baked good and candies, and can cause an insulin response almost as powerful as sugar, as well as digestive upset in large quantities - for me it seems to stall my weight loss, but I think this is in part because it triggers sweets cravings for me...
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

asweetiepye
on 3/7/12 5:19 am, edited 3/6/12 5:27 pm
Erythritol and stevia are the sweetners.

Margo N.
on 3/7/12 5:40 am
Well these might be a decent option, as these are among the best sweeteners in terms of limiting blood sugar spikes and insulin response. (I may check them out!)
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 382 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 417 views