Starving to death......literally and other issues

countrytat
on 3/22/12 10:55 am - OH
VSG on 01/31/12
For the past 2 weeks I have been having lots of health issues.... ruptured cyst on my ovary, possible kidney stones, upper respitory infection and a UTI..... To top it all off I am naseaus every hour that I am awake. I am on a daily PPI, Bactrim for the URI and UTI, zyrtec-D, and they gave me an anti naseau medicine.  The anti-naseau meds seem to help a little.... but I cant even eat half of what I ate 3 weeks ago.... cant even eat a whole string cheese :(......I feel hungry, but cant eat much at all.... I may be getting 300 calories a day? Im not getting much plain water, just makes me about puke when I drink it and when I have to swallow pills....I have started drinking reg. vitamin water only while I cant get any other fluids down. I called my surgeon and is PA...who is very good said to call back next week if it continues.

Has anyone else had this?...... Could it be some kind of funky bacteria in my stomach?.....I have been pooping normal and thre up one night after taking a sip of water....nothing came up though...at all.... Any suggestions would be great!

kam0520
on 3/22/12 11:01 am - AL
Bactrim upsets my stomach really bad.  Have you tried some yogurt to kind of help put some good bacteria in your stomach?  I would go with the full calorie kind since you're eating so little, it is worth a try if you can.  I don't think I would wait a week to call back.  You run the risk of being very dehydrated.  I know this wasn't a lot of help, but maybe the yogurt can help.
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
countrytat
on 3/22/12 11:11 am - OH
VSG on 01/31/12
Cant do yogurt as I am lactose intolerant....I make sure I have eaten before I take that Bactrim though.... I was at the er 3 times last week and each time they gave me fluids cause I was a little dehydrated. I think I will call back there tomorrow..... Thanks for suggestions :)

kam0520
on 3/22/12 11:14 am - AL
I am lactose intolerant too, Yoplait has their own brand of lactose free yogurt out now and it is great.  So does Lactaid brand.  I am not a fan of the Lactaid brand, but the yoplait is great!  It should still help coat your stomach.  Good luck!
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
countrytat
on 3/22/12 11:16 am - OH
VSG on 01/31/12
Thanks, I will have to look for it...is it sugar free, or reg?.....I cant do surgar free crap

Could_It_Be
on 3/22/12 11:46 am
 The antibiotics will kill the good bacteria in your gut so you need to take some probiotics or eat some yogurt. I know you say you are lactose intolerant (so am I) but generally yogurt isn't too back because the good bacteria in yogurt actually digests the lactose so there is very little.

You don't mention ANYTHING about protein. Can you drink protein drinks??

Sorry you are so sick, that sounds absolutely MISERABLE!!

VSG on 6/22/11
bbearsmama
on 3/22/12 11:48 am
RNY on 02/28/13
I was also going to add that Bactrim makes me feel terrible.  My urologist usually cultures my urine to find the specific bacteria that's causing the infection. Cipro usually ends up being the antibiotic that he chooses and let me tell you--it works like a charm!!! Macrobid is another antibiotic that often makes me feel queasy. Is your doctor culturing your urine to make sure that he's chosen the right antibiotic?

When was your surgery?

Pam

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

countrytat
on 3/22/12 12:11 pm - OH
VSG on 01/31/12

What I am eating is protein...but I do not do the shakes as they give me the ****s...... Not sure on the Pee tests, I know they gave me copies of it and the results.....I think they gave me the Bactrim to help with the upper respitory infection too...I have pearl acidiphilous.... should I take some of that?

Surgery was 1/31/12...... I have had NO problems ...... till now, and I dont think its from the surgery..... whatever this is

SmilinGal
on 3/22/12 12:20 pm - TN
VSG on 02/28/12
I was on liquid Bactrim twice a day for a UTI and URI last week. I was nauseous for seven hours after every dose!!! My last dose was Monday and I have felt fine ever since.
countrytat
on 3/22/12 12:35 pm - OH
VSG on 01/31/12
Did it make you feel like you cant eat?...or not very much?.....Also, everything smells SOOO disgusting!..... Even the damn bakery at the store!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views